Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
tiredmomfor2
what are your kids reading?
February 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I know this was asked a while back, but figured it would be fun to ask again. :)

What are your kids reading right now. Or..what are you reading to your kids?

Replies

• tiredmomfor2
    February 3, 2013 at 9:11 AM
    We will be finishing up Little House in the Big Woods this coming week. Then we may start Little Women..not sure yet.
    I am also reading MTH book #1 to dd(5) Dino's at dusk..I think that is what it is called.
    Ds(7) and I are reading through MTH Lions at Lunchtime, together. He reads a page I read a page.
    Also on the days that we have time and he is still interested, I will read a chapter in another book we are working on. It is an Imagination Station book series. The title is Attack at the Arena.
  • AutymsMommy
    February 3, 2013 at 9:47 AM

DD11 is reading The Hunger Games.

• QueenCreole313
    February 3, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Captain Underpants, The Magic Treehouse...

• rsrangel
    February 3, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    Magic Treehouse - dolphins.
  • LadyOphelia
    February 3, 2013 at 12:20 PM

daughter ~ 9 ~ Hunger Games....and is finally "in" to it because of Catching Fire coming out (and her brother &  I talking in code about what happens)

son ~ 12 ~ He started "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman. I broke down & let him read that one. The lesser of all the evils of Neil Gaiman that I have. He was bugging me to death about reading Gaiman. Couldn't give him Sandman ;)  I think he gave up on that one though for "Eyes of the Dragon" by Stephen King.  Which is a fabulous fantasy book written for teens. One of my favorites growing up. I got a copy of it & plan to re-read it too!

• RatherBeReading
    February 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Together, we are reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

ODD (10) is reading the first 2 Saddle Club books

MDD (81/2) is reading (for the hundredth time! lol) The Diary of a Wimpy Kid books

YDD (5) is just having fun picking up kids books and looking through them to find words that she knows or can figure out. 

• bluerooffarm
    February 3, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    Together we are reading the hobbit.

Ds 7 is reading knock three times.
    Ds 5 and ds 4 are still too young to be reading on their own.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    February 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Missie is rereading the Hobbit and Cole is reading Star Wars Lego books and GooseBump Books.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    February 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I am reading a book on Beethoven and Antoine Lavoisier, and also reading one of the Richard Castle books called Naked Heat.    My son's are reading Garfield comic books, Geronimo Stilton, and my oldest just finished the Genius files book.  I have a bunch of other books they have laying around that they are currently reading.  One of them was Roald's Dahl's revolting tales.  He has such a unique writing style.  My boys absolutely love him.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    February 3, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I am reading books on science to them.  One of my favorites are  Alice in Quantumland.  

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts