Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
rsrangel
humiliation
February 2, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Just curious. Humiliation as a form of punishment? Yay or nay?

Replies

• kirbymom
    February 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Too many times too many people have confused humilaition with embarrassment.  These are two very distinct and very different emotions and actions.  While the first is an emotional intent to bring emotional and mental pain and anguish, the second is an intent to provide a secondary thought of one's actions or words so as to not repeat those actions or words a second time.   

• vamom21
    by vamom21
    February 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM

No...I would rather use a chart that you can put stickers on for positive re enforcement and have the child recognize when he/she is falling short of a goal...I would rather explain negative consequences than create a situation where my child would end up resenting me over embarassement.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 2, 2013 at 4:00 PM
    No NEVER.
  • debramommyof4
    February 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM

We right sentences.  We dont go announcing stuff all over the world.  But I dont see how standing on a corner with a sign is bad.  Or anything like that.

• Pukalani79
    February 3, 2013 at 11:58 AM

No

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Almost always NAY!

*Leaving a note on a FB page that says DD/DS isn't responsible enough to use FB is about the only public humiliation I agree with and that is only if I find out my kid is posting nasty pics or something.

• Christie1952
    February 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Yes!!!

• paris2lmp
    February 4, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Not as an initial punishment, but yes in certain curcumstances. 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts