Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
QueenCreole313
I love home/un-schooling because...
February 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Why do you love homeschooling/unschooling?

SHARE!

lesbians

Replies

• bren_darlene
    February 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Because I love my children and LOVE being with them.  Love being able to protect them from all the immorality and violence of schools.  Love being able to give them a good education. 

• bluerooffarm
    February 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM

I love seeing my own kids get that lightbulb look on their faces when they understand something new.  I like nurturing their interests.  I love being able to pick a day and just play games all day.

• fallenangel_353
    February 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I love knowing that my children are safe. I enjoy the fact that I can make sure without a doubt they're getting a good education. I love having our own rules and learning what I think we should be learning. I ove the fact of when they learn something new, that I'm the one who taught it to them :)

• blueyedbaker
    February 2, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Because my kids can be kids and be themselves. They don't have to worry about acting like the other kids in the class, they don't get picked on, starved, or have to ask to get a drink of water or have to wait to go to the bathroom.

When my oldest was in PS she was slowly becoming someone else and I hated it. I hardly recognized her. She'd come home in such a nasty mood and be mean to everyone. That was part of my reason to pull her out. All the kids her age (10) act the same, my daughter doesn't have to worry about clicks or "fitting in". She still has her friends she made in PS over but when it's just two they act like little girls and play and get along. I hope my girls never ask to go back to PS I don't know what I'd do!

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    February 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Freedom.  I love the freedom to stay home or learn out in the real world.  I love sharing their interests and seeing them excited about learning new things.  I love knowing they will not be pushed to learn something before they are ready.  I love seeing them happy.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 2, 2013 at 3:49 PM
    Because it is the way nature intended all humans to learn & live!
  • kirbymom
    February 2, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Because WE are in charge of what, how and when WE learn.  LOL  :)  

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 2, 2013 at 6:51 PM
    Because it rocks. Lol
  • biomom1437
    February 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

i'm kind of interested in home schooling but not very good at math if i can't do math above like a fifth grade level how am i going to teach my daughter algra or higher.  help i just need some advice on this matter.

• QueenCreole313
    February 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Have you heard of KhanAcademy.org? They are awesome. There are other awesome sites with videos and practice. If all else fails, hire a tutor. You don't have to do it all you're own. Or once she turns 16 (check your state laws) she can take courses at the community college.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN