Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
QueenCreole313
I love home/un-schooling because...
February 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Why do you love homeschooling/unschooling?

SHARE!

lesbians

Replies

• KickButtMama
    February 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Homeschoolers aren't masters at all forms of education. Generally we all have one or two subjects that we never excelled at ourselves. There are a few ways to approach it. 1) getting a tutor. 2) joining a co-op, which is like a once-per-week school made up of homeschoolers. One benefit of co-ops is having others teach classes you may not be the best in. 3) looking for resources/curriculum that won't require you to be the teacher. Like www.khanacademy.org 

Quoting biomom1437:

i'm kind of interested in home schooling but not very good at math if i can't do math above like a fifth grade level how am i going to teach my daughter algra or higher.  help i just need some advice on this matter.

• shamrock_momma
    February 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    I enjoy being able to tailor my son's education around his personal needs. If we need to spend extra time on English we can, if he flies through his math then I know it might be time to find something a little more challenging. Being able to put my children first is the best, even when it go against the popular choice.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN