Homeschooling Moms

QueenCreole313
I love home/un-schooling because...
February 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Why do you love homeschooling/unschooling?

SHARE!

lesbians

Replies

• KickButtMama
    February 3, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Homeschoolers aren't masters at all forms of education. Generally we all have one or two subjects that we never excelled at ourselves. There are a few ways to approach it. 1) getting a tutor. 2) joining a co-op, which is like a once-per-week school made up of homeschoolers. One benefit of co-ops is having others teach classes you may not be the best in. 3) looking for resources/curriculum that won't require you to be the teacher. Like www.khanacademy.org 

Quoting biomom1437:

i'm kind of interested in home schooling but not very good at math if i can't do math above like a fifth grade level how am i going to teach my daughter algra or higher.  help i just need some advice on this matter.

• shamrock_momma
    February 3, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    I enjoy being able to tailor my son's education around his personal needs. If we need to spend extra time on English we can, if he flies through his math then I know it might be time to find something a little more challenging. Being able to put my children first is the best, even when it go against the popular choice.

Homeschooling Moms