Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Mommy4two
2 different questions Field Trips & Activity Boxes
February 2, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I have two different questions for you ladies...

1.) Field Trips-- How often do you do them? What do you consider a field trip? I live near Orlando so I'm going to have SOOO many different opportunities to find things to do, I already know when I start to teach the kids about trains that in the town next to us there is a RR museum.. Never knew this til I started looking up ideas and best part it's FREE!!! I want to put money away and buy annual passes to Disney for all the parks, I kinda feel that I can make a lot of learning opportunities out of that poossibility.... 

I just wasn't sure if it's a smart idea to make a field trip idea with every lesson possible or not???

2.) I've seen these activity boxes which seem really neat such as (i.e Kiwi Crate,Babba Box and Little Passports) ... Does anyone use them or have you ever used them before? 

Replies

• KickButtMama
    February 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM

We rarely do field trips - maybe 3 times per year. Things are just too expensive in our neck of the woods. So we save up for great homeschool days. 

We've done our own work boxes. I've never purchased a pre-made box. 

• KrissyKC
    February 10, 2013 at 7:03 PM

We don't do a ton, but we are already involved in a lot...   however, we hit the library and the local community center (indoor pool) every friday and we chalk up those hours toward our required hours for Missouri.

But if we hit a farm, zoo, etc..  anything educational at all, we do include it.

• KrissyKC
    February 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

oh, and I just looked at Kiwi Crate and Little Passports.  

Kiwi Crate is overpriced.. you can get stuff like that at any decent craft store... is my opinion.   Although they are cute and packaged fun!

Little Passports looks like an interesting idea, but with 4 kids, we really have to watch where we spend our extra funds and invest them wisely.   We can explore countries on our own in plenty of depth without that.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN