Homeschooling Moms

Koltie6
Homeschool mom interested in other moms who homeschool children on the spectrum
by Koltie6
February 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM
My name is Lisa . I have been homeschooling for 9 years. I have 3 children and my youngest has Autism. I am interested in meeting moms who are homeschooling children on the spectrum.

Replies

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM

hi lisa!! im not sure what you mean by spectrum? the curriculum spectrum???

• Simply_Janeen
    February 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM

She means the autism spectrum.

Quoting oredeb:

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM
    Hello! There are many moms on here that have kids on the spectrum. Nine years! Wow! I'm on year 5. What inspired you to start homeschooling?
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

opps thanks janeen!!! i thought she meant the curr. spectrum!!!

Quoting Simply_Janeen:

She means the autism spectrum.

Quoting oredeb:

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    February 1, 2013 at 11:54 AM
    Hi Lisa, I have 3 children 2 boys (19 & 7 y/o) & a girl (9y/o), both of my boys are on the spectrum. We are in our 7th year of homeschooling/unschooling.
  • Koltie6
    by Koltie6
    February 2, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    We have show cattle and my oldest daughter traveled a lot which did not work well for the school rules.We own our own company and are on a very flexible schedule. Homeschooling allows us that flexibility and makes life so much happier for everyone.
  • Koltie6
    by Koltie6
    February 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
    Did you begin homeschooling your boys from the beginning?Were they verbal? My son is 6 and is using 3to4 word sentences.He is site reading about 100 words. I would love any tips you have.

Homeschooling Moms