Homeschooling Moms

sherrimomof3
math
January 31, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Looking for a good 5th grade math with teachers manual to help explain fractions and other math.

In His Loving Arms

Replies

• blueyedbaker
    February 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Superkids.com

Click on math worksheets, then fractions. It give you tips on how to do the work. You can make all kinds of math work sheets too. I love this site!!!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

saxon!!

also a mom(nora) had this video on here a couple days ago for fractions!

from nora"

I found this video on you tube and had DS watch it, after that it just clicked for him, I had never been taught to do fractions that way so I was having him do it the long drawn out way and he hated it. This lady is over in London or some place near there, she has a book that I am going to get for him for our math.

She relates math to everyday things like dance moves, or with algebra she uses the sims game and relates it to a video game, it's really hard to explain but once you watch the vidoe you would probably understand. I really wish she would consider doing a whole video series of the lessons, and not just a couple on you tube. My son loves it and that's half the battle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o32bnoLZaM

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    I make my own so here is a bump!
  • bren_darlene
    February 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I have tried many different math programs/curriculum through the years.  Always went back to ABeka.  It is by far my favorite.

• THELMAandLOUISE
    February 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Teaching Textbooks

• irvinehiker
    February 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I make my own using various resources.  That's what works for us.  I have heard lots of good things about math u see.  

• motheroffour186
    February 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    I went to the library
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    February 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    Bump!
  • kirbymom
    February 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM

I write my own but here is a link to a search that has many good websites for teaching fractions.  :)  .........

http://search.yahoo.com/search?toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=avantsearch5&p=teaching+fractions

• denmomof3
    February 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM

We are using Teaching Textbooks this year for grade 6.  My daughter has learned quite a bit with it and she has picked up on fractions much better than when she was in public school.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts