Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
QueenCreole313
Custom Courses?
January 31, 2013 at 7:45 PM

So, I've recently written a curriculum for a course I have created to suit my home academy and had to share!

This is the idea for my first custom course. It is called "OurStory" (instead of History). It encompasses world history, family history, geography and science. I will teach history in reverse, focusing on world events and scientific discoveries through that person's lifetime.

I will start by teaching my son about personal and family identity. Where he was born, his names and their meanings, his personal qualities, nationality, ethnicity etc. Then focus on what historical events happened during his lifetime. We will go backwards generation by generation. I am big into family history and think it is just as important for a person to know their story, their family's story and how they are connected to the world at large.

I've noticed a ton of moms (and dads) who are also creating their own curriculum. Please share some ideas here:

Replies

• WantedNameTaken
    January 31, 2013 at 8:31 PM

That sounds like an awesome idea!  Way to go!

• Walnutgrovefarm
    January 31, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I really like that idea!!! Think I might add that in to our day!!!! Good job and thanks for the info.

• coala
    by coala
    January 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Sounds like fun!!!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts