Homeschooling Moms

CowgirlMama0508
Help!
January 31, 2013 at 6:03 PM
I bought some of my curriculum for this fall. I bought my (by then 2nd grader) BJU English 2. I really like how it looks! What I'm confused about is there's 203 lessons. I plan on doing English 2 days a week (math & science on Monday and Wednesday.....English and history on Tuesday & Thursday) how do I make that last all year? (We are required 180 days) this may be the dumbest question, sorry. But I've tried all I can do to bring it to 36 weeks lol. Thanks

Replies

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    January 31, 2013 at 6:25 PM

hi cowgirl, not a dumb question!

could print out other english on line, http://www.sfreading.com/resources/ghb.html

have her keep a journal(thats english)

keep a spelling/vocab journal

write stories, copy sentences,

i always add stuff to my books or workbooks, its ok if you get done with workbooks just buy another workbook or copy stuff from online! staple it together in work book form!

• CowgirlMama0508
    January 31, 2013 at 7:08 PM
    I worded the post wrong. There's 203 lessons....I need 72..lol. We are only doing English 2 days a week for 36 weeks.. How do I fit 203 lessons into 72 days lol

Quoting oredeb:

hi cowgirl, not a dumb question!

could print out other english on line, http://www.sfreading.com/resources/ghb.html

have her keep a journal(thats english)

keep a spelling/vocab journal

write stories, copy sentences,

i always add stuff to my books or workbooks, its ok if you get done with workbooks just buy another workbook or copy stuff from online! staple it together in work book form!

• BramblePatch
    January 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM
    Honestly, I am not sure. We do LA 4 days a week.
  • leighp1
    by leighp1
    February 1, 2013 at 6:48 AM

English is normally an every day core subject, so that may be one reason there are more than what you need.  You might want to do more than one lesson a day. The other thing is you don't have to do every lesson.  If they master one area, move on to the next.  A lot of the books are repetitive, like nouns on page 3 and then again on page 12.  Look threw it and see.  I know that when we used workbooks last year I skipped a lot because they were just the same things over and over again.

• romacox
    by romacox
    February 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM

You can always supplement creating your own lesson plans. 

How To Create Your Own Lesson Plans

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 1, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    Double up? Some lessons might be reviews or repeats. Rey don't be a slave to the curriculum. If you want to skip or jump around, do so.
  • CowgirlMama0508
    February 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    Thanks. I figured it out. There's only 160 lessons, I looked at it wrong. :) we will be doing it everyday

Quoting mem82:

Double up? Some lessons might be reviews or repeats. Rey don't be a slave to the curriculum. If you want to skip or jump around, do so.

Homeschooling Moms