Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kirbymom
College - Is it a priority?
January 31, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I know that we have asked this question in the past,  but I think it needs repeating since we have some new members in here.  

Is College a top priority for your child(ren)?  

What schools are a possibilty?  

Replies

• kirbymom
    February 2, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Well Hi there.  :)   is College something you talk about in general, not at all or just as an occasional talking point?   

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

Nope... if DS wants to go to college, he can go. If he don't, he is not expected to.

• Hippie.Gypsy
    February 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM

He'll only be 7 in a couple days, lol... no it hasn't really been brought up yet.

But when it comes up I am gonna tell him it is completely his choice, if he wants to go and learn things taught there or get a degree in something he loves, then great... if he doesn't want to and wants to make his own way in life, that is awesome too.

Quoting kirbymom:

Well Hi there.  :)   is College something you talk about in general, not at all or just as an occasional talking point?   

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

Nope... if DS wants to go to college, he can go. If he don't, he is not expected to.

• kirbymom
    February 2, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Awww ~  Well Happy Birthday to him!   

I would say then that he has a few years yet before he even has to think about College.  :) 

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

He'll only be 7 in a couple days, lol... no it hasn't really been brought up yet.

But when it comes up I am gonna tell him it is completely his choice, if he wants to go and learn things taught there or get a degree in something he loves, then great... if he doesn't want to and wants to make his own way in life, that is awesome too.

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting Hippie.Gypsy:

• SuperMommy408
    February 3, 2013 at 4:44 AM
    Thank you and yes the T's and K's were done on purpose. My Hubby name is Kenneth and mine is Tamara :)

Quoting kirbymom:

And they are all so beautiful too.  Were the T's and K's done on purpose?  :) 

Quoting SuperMommy408:

I forgot to add their names!!

Tatyanna 18

Kentiria 16

Kendal 8

Taylor 7

Kennedy 5

Quoting SuperMommy408:

I actually have 5 daughters. I only homeschool the 3 youngest and my 2 older daughters are 11th and 12th grade in public school and are doing great. My 11th grader is going to college to be a doctor and my 12th grader is going to college to be a engineer. My 5,7 and 8 yr old don't quite know what they really want to be they say a ballerina and other little cute stuff! !

Quoting kirbymom:

from your profile picture, I am gathering you have 3 daughters. May I ask what their names are?  What do they like or are interested in?  

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Yes college is a big priority!!

• kirbymom
    February 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM

That is so neat. I love when families are like this. :) 

BTW ~ I have a daughter named Tamariah Topaz.  

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Thank you and yes the T's and K's were done on purpose. My Hubby name is Kenneth and mine is Tamara :)

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Tatyanna 18

Kentiria 16

Kendal 8

Taylor 7

Kennedy 5

Quoting SuperMommy408:

I actually have 5 daughters. I only homeschool the 3 youngest and my 2 older daughters are 11th and 12th grade in public school and are doing great. My 11th grader is going to college to be a doctor and my 12th grader is going to college to be a engineer. My 5,7 and 8 yr old don't quite know what they really want to be they say a ballerina and other little cute stuff! !

Quoting kirbymom:

from your profile picture, I am gathering you have 3 daughters. May I ask what their names are?  What do they like or are interested in?  

Quoting SuperMommy408:

• SuperMommy408
    February 4, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Thanks and that's a cute name:)

Quoting kirbymom:

That is so neat. I love when families are like this. :) 

BTW ~ I have a daughter named Tamariah Topaz.  

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Tatyanna 18

Kentiria 16

Kendal 8

Taylor 7

Kennedy 5

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting SuperMommy408:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN