Homeschooling Moms

rsrangel
most embarrassing
January 30, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I could use a smile after todays crazy day! 

What is the most embarrassing thing your child has done in public, or that has happened to you while in public?

Replies

• debramommyof4
    January 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM

My 7 year old at 2 asked me why a lady had such a big belly in McDonalds at Walmart.  I feel strongly about answering at that age because they forget so quickly.  It was horrible.

My son was mostly pee trained and we were at Petco he peed in the cart all over the cart and the floor.  We had to clean it all up.  It was bad.

My 6 and 2 year olds both have tried putting thier hands down my shirt and for some reason my 6 year old likes to walk around with her face touching my bottom when we are at walmart.  I hate that.

• KickButtMama
    January 30, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Quoting debramommyof4:

My 6 and 2 year olds both have tried putting thier hands down my shirt and for some reason my 6 year old likes to walk around with her face touching my bottom when we are at walmart.  I hate that.

Omg, I'm sorry, I can only imagine how frustrating/embarrassing that must be!

• debramommyof4
    January 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Just a bit.  But they are kids.  So it is just something we all have to deal with.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting debramommyof4:

• KickButtMama
    January 30, 2013 at 10:09 PM

So true!

Quoting debramommyof4:

Just a bit.  But they are kids.  So it is just something we all have to deal with.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting debramommyof4:

• mrs.miller89
    January 31, 2013 at 12:06 AM

DD has taken to sitting down and then laying down and rolling around when she gets upset. So far she has done it at least twice that I can remember in public, once in the line at the college's bookstore (first week and the line was crazy long) and then a few days ago at the zoo! I of course get a little embarrassed by screaming tantrums but this was just worse somehow.

• elizabooks
    January 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    When she was 2 DD seemed to find markers no matter where I hid them and would draw on herself. One day she had gotten up early and proceeded to color herself with permant markers. At four am I am awakened by something Pacasso would have drawn. After much scrubbing we started running our errands. At the grocery store DD points to this couple who have highly detailed sleeves. DD points to them and screams"bad! Bad! Mommy wash! They markered!" they looked over and saw the faint lines on her arms and burst out laughing.
    I was very embarrassed.
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    January 31, 2013 at 10:20 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahhaa

Quoting kirbymom:

Well, my hubby has a *habit* of smacking my rear when he walks by. he thinks he is being funny. Well, when our oldest was little, decided to emulate him one day while we were in church. Only it wasn't done to me. It was done to a friend of ours. :)  Not only did our oldest do this, but they also had a habit of sticking their hand down my shirt while I would hold them. That was also done to our friend. I was sooooooooo embarrased.  lol   It was a good thing we had an understanding friend.  

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    January 31, 2013 at 10:24 AM

ohh gosh these are so funny!!!!

• DesireMM
    January 31, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I was at Publix and my son was only 2 yrs old. He announces as loud as he can that the bag boy has really big lips and that he might eat him.

When my daughter was 3 yrs old, we were at H & R Block and the receptionist was being really nice to them, getting them paper and pens to color with. Being blind she just starts rubbing the lady's leg, almost half way up her skirt cause she thought is was her arm, and explaining that she loves the lady for being so nice.

• kirbymom
    January 31, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Hahahahaha -  Ain't that the truth!   :)  

Quoting JuicyRedTomato:

Haha! People give me the weirdest looks, but he only says it because of the reaction he gets. He LOVESSSS the attention lol.

My husband is also notorious for stirring up trouble lol. He likes to pick on me and then its a chain reaction from the oldest kid to the youngest. (sigh) The life of a Momma isn't easy. ;)

Quoting kirbymom:

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That would definitely qualify as mortifying!    My kids are like that but only because daddy is.  LOL   

Quoting JuicyRedTomato:

I understand this all TOO well. My 4 year old thinks its HILARIOUS to yell, "Mama, I like your nipples!" My kids are evil lol.

Mortifying.

Quoting kirbymom:

Well, my hubby has a *habit* of smacking my rear when he walks by. he thinks he is being funny. Well, when our oldest was little, decided to emulate him one day while we were in church. Only it wasn't done to me. It was done to a friend of ours. :)  Not only did our oldest do this, but they also had a habit of sticking their hand down my shirt while I would hold them. That was also done to our friend. I was sooooooooo embarrased.  lol   It was a good thing we had an understanding friend.  

Homeschooling Moms