Homeschooling Moms

No_Difference
Spelling hit a senisitive note apparently lol
January 30, 2013 at 10:33 AM

As we were working on spelling today (We use All About Spelling) she had to dictate some sentences, and the one really hit a sensitive spot for her. The sentence was "Please clean your room this year!"  She felt so guilty and was on her way up to her room almost in tears to go clean it.  Apparently...I said it with too much emphasis?? lol. I burst out laughing and she finally realized it was a sentence to write, not an actualy...go clean your room lol.   Had to share because stuff like this never happens for us and it gave me a very needed laugh.

Replies

• maggiandmike
    January 30, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    Hahaha!!
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    January 30, 2013 at 10:45 AM

hahahahahahahahahahaha! thats an idea! use those kinda sentences when they need to do something!good idea!

• KickButtMama
    January 30, 2013 at 10:48 AM

LOL, awww, how cute!

• kirbymom
    January 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Awww ~  Poor girl. Although we have had the same thing happen to us and it was comical too.  :)    

• bellaamore
    January 30, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I remember making up sentences for my stepson to learn his words. He was in public school and his teacher did t like it at all. Lol.

If the word were say, covertly, he would write, " monday i sat in the back of the class, covertly picking my boogers."

It was so innocent and it got him involved and not bored by trying to top himself on the next one.

• Jinx-Troublex3
    January 30, 2013 at 1:49 PM
    Haha... cute!

I do that with spelling words... we did AAS kn words..knife..kneee, know..

You know, it's not goot to stab your knee with a knife!

Or I will make each sentance about something coming up...

Quoting bellaamore:

I remember making up sentences for my stepson to learn his words. He was in public school and his teacher did t like it at all. Lol.

If the word were say, covertly, he would write, " monday i sat in the back of the class, covertly picking my boogers."

It was so innocent and it got him involved and not bored by trying to top himself on the next one.

• coala
    by coala
    January 30, 2013 at 2:19 PM

That is great!!  We aren't capable of "making" up sentences.  She knows how to use properly, but gets really stumped when she has to create sentences.

So, glad that you found a sentence that worked and got a little something extra out of it.

Homeschooling Moms