Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kirbymom
What activity would you like your child(ren) to learn?
January 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM

What activity would you like for you child(ren) to learn if you were able to let them learn anything they wanted?  

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    January 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I would love for them ALL to play at lest one instrument. At least to have the basics of reading music.

So far they have all taken music lessons - at least briefly.

However the guitar instructor that Ds2 had did mostly playing by ear and playing whatever they wanted and didn't focus on sheet music.

DD has tried taking piano, and wants to, but the group lessons at the Learning Center aren't agood fit for her. I think she has ADHD like her older brother and can't focus ESPECIALLY with the noise.

DS1 played trumpet for about 2 years. He learned the most of the three of them.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    January 29, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Robotics.  Parts are so expensive.  We will get there eventually.  My son loves engineering and robitcs.  He is taking computer science this year and has a real knack for it.  He has a real applitude for Mathematics as well.  

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    January 30, 2013 at 10:43 AM

hmmmm i still thinking! i think theyve done every thing they and i  wanted them to do so far

• KickButtMama
    January 30, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Same here, we're looking into starting a Robotiics HS'ers club.

Quoting jen2150:

Robotics.  Parts are so expensive.  We will get there eventually.  My son loves engineering and robitcs.  He is taking computer science this year and has a real knack for it.  He has a real applitude for Mathematics as well.  

• OneDay.
    by OneDay.
    January 30, 2013 at 10:54 AM
    Piano, ballet, horseback riding.
  • ColtsFan1912
    January 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM

football & dressage or showjumping.

• coala
    by coala
    January 30, 2013 at 12:19 PM

Music.  I want them to both learn to play an instrument and read music.  Those were some of the best experiences I had as a child.

• Pukalani79
    January 30, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I'm going to have to think about that one

• Pukalani79
    January 30, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Have you looked into the First Lego League? http://firstlegoleague.org/

Quoting KickButtMama:

Same here, we're looking into starting a Robotiics HS'ers club.

Quoting jen2150:

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    January 30, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    Whatever their little hearts desire!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email