Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kirbymom
What activity would you like your child(ren) to learn?
January 29, 2013 at 4:09 PM

What activity would you like for you child(ren) to learn if you were able to let them learn anything they wanted?  

Replies

• debramommyof4
    February 1, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Thats awesome.  It is so much fun that she wants to sing.  I bet if she doesnt want to sing in Branson I bet she still sings.

Quoting koondogg:

This seems a crazy answer, and I have some people say seriously she's only 3 she'll change her mind a hundred times. I believe in her, my daughter that is. She is indeed 3 years old.

I used to live in southwest Missouri. Between Springfield and Joplin (near Branson).  I moved to Nebraska for college. I plan on moving back. My husband loves it down there and we return "home" every year, even though he is from central Nebraska. I had a video of my favorite show from one of our trips down to Branson. After she was born, just 3 days old, I popped the dvd in for the sake of music, and she even so young was calmed from crying. I knew there was something there. So, thats when we decided to take her for her first trip. At 18 months old she went to her first Branson show. We had front row seats. We got another dvd, and she wore it out! We went down again in April 2012, and saw them another time, she was so happy. We couldn't believe she remembered it. Not only did she remember the show, she remembered the songs. She knew before she turned 3 all the words to Dolly Parton's Jolene, I Will Always Love You, and Oak Ridge Boys Elvira, among other songs. She sings them all the way through, not missing a beat! Her favorite is the Batism of Jesse Taylor. We grabbed a brochure of the group New South, before leaving. She carried that darn brochure everywhere she went like a blanket. A few weeks later it got torn. A desperate mom to see her baby in tears over something she loved that got broken, I emailed the hotel. I simply asked for another brochure. I offered to pay shipping or anything. A week later I got an email from the producer Mike Patrick, I was in shock that it went all the way up to him. We've met him before, he said no problem we'll get her taken care of. 2 weeks later, I got a knock on the door from our mail man. He gave me a box about 10 lbs. I looked it said Grand Country and Branson on it. I was like, what the heck. Opening it, the show manager and the all the performers signed a poster a biography magazine, and about 50 brochures for her. In the bottom was an envelope to me. I opened it, one of the performers also the show manager hand wrote for me to email him, and call him when we were coming down next. He'd hook us up, they were so glad to hear how much Aspyne enjoyed the show. We also got free tickets. We went down on Aspyne's 3rd birthday. They said happy birthday to her from stage, and she got a free cd. They wanted to give her a new video but the system was down that night. So, we are going back in a couple months, and I am supposed to call Jason again to let him know when we're coming. Every time we go down, they say hi to us from stage, and Mike Patrick says Chris and Amber are here tonight, say hi to those folks they're friends of ours. It's kind of funny. My inlaws went with us last time, and they asked us how my college was going, and how my husband's job was, and if we're getting ready for our move. One of the performers saw us in a restaurant before the show actually, and came over and asked how we were. My mother in law just said jeez they're like famous. I simply just said, cuz everyone around here is so nice. She said but they must see a million faces how do they know you guys by name?  Anyway to answer the actual question, we are planning a move back to Branson, because Aspyne says she wants to sing with Trey. One of the New South performers. She has said this since her 2nd birthday, whenever anyone asks her what do you want to do when you grow up. I'm gonna sing Elvira with Trey in Branson is what she says.

• bether89
    February 1, 2013 at 11:25 AM

I want my boys play an instrument and be able to read music.  My oldest is taking guitar lesson now.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN