Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Precious333
when in exhausted and sick.....
January 29, 2013 at 2:26 PM
This is what i do for school for my kids:

Let them play on starfall.com
Put on their history, math, latin etc songs from classical conversations.

I love media homeschooling! Lol

Replies

• starbeck96
    January 29, 2013 at 2:43 PM
    I let my boys have this week off, because my daughter is a five days behind them in lesson numbers. I want all of them to be on same lesson number. My daughter is using her tablet for her schooling this week. She loves it because it is something different, but yet she is still learning. My daughter also uses her tablet on days that I am sick or she is not feeling up to a lot of writing.

• KickButtMama
    January 29, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Lol, that's us on a normal day! Lol

• kirbymom
    January 29, 2013 at 3:09 PM

When I am exhausted and sick, which is so rare, hubby does the homeschooling.  

• Precious333
    January 29, 2013 at 3:10 PM

my boys keep on asking me for a an ipad or something like that! Their cousins just got one, and I know there are some neat apps for learning. We just dont' have that kind of money. They will have to deal witrh the old fashion computer! lol 

Quoting starbeck96:

I let my boys have this week off, because my daughter is a five days behind them in lesson numbers. I want all of them to be on same lesson number. My daughter is using her tablet for her schooling this week. She loves it because it is something different, but yet she is still learning. My daughter also uses her tablet on days that I am sick or she is not feeling up to a lot of writing.

• Precious333
    January 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

Lol, that's us on a normal day! Lol

I think I'm a pretty laid back homeschooler, but today is just, here's teh computer....go at it! lol (they are young too (4, 6)

• Precious333
    January 29, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Quoting kirbymom:

thats wonderful, to get a lesson from daddy on occasion! :) Dh is now just starting to get more involved (yay)! He helps my oldest with karate!

• kirbymom
    January 29, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Actually, he does a whole lot of teaching. He expounds on the lessons I have them doing, going even farther indepth. When dad teaches, the world stops. lol  

Quoting Precious333:

Quoting kirbymom:

thats wonderful, to get a lesson from daddy on occasion! :) Dh is now just starting to get more involved (yay)! He helps my oldest with karate!

• starbeck96
    January 29, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    Quoting Precious333:

Yeah there is no way we can buy an ipad either. She has the Nabi2 tablet. She got it for christmas. I got it Black Friday for 129.00. Normally they are 200 each. Theonly thing she got besides this was a few 5.00 and 10.00 toys, a case for the tablet, and a beanbag. But the tablet is definitely the most used christmas gift ever..lol.

I also don't have a computer that she can use either. My computer has a virus on it and I've not had the money to get it fixed. It is about 4 years old though. I am hoping that IS can get it fixed with our tax money, bc I really don't want to have to spend money on another computer..
  • starbeck96
    January 29, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    Sorry about typos, but I am using her tablet..lol
  • Precious333
    January 29, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Quoting starbeck96:

Quoting Precious333:

Yeah there is no way we can buy an ipad either. She has the Nabi2 tablet. She got it for christmas. I got it Black Friday for 129.00. Normally they are 200 each. Theonly thing she got besides this was a few 5.00 and 10.00 toys, a case for the tablet, and a beanbag. But the tablet is definitely the most used christmas gift ever..lol.

I also don't have a computer that she can use either. My computer has a virus on it and I've not had the money to get it fixed. It is about 4 years old though. I am hoping that IS can get it fixed with our tax money, bc I really don't want to have to spend money on another computer..

we are really lucky, my DH's dad sells and puts together computers, so ours are from his company, and if there is a problem we go to him (which we have had a problem here or there in the past few years)

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts