Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Honey_Comb
School room!!!
January 28, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Hi everyone!

This may have already been touched on a million times, but I need ideas on organization!

I have a small room that we use as a school room...it also doubles as our dining room.

I would love to see pictures and hear ideas on how to make a small room organized enough for school!

What organizational items do you use? What do you do with your child's school work after he/she is done with it?

Thanks in advance!! :)

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 28, 2013 at 7:30 PM

LOVE THIS!

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Here is the last thread on this ... I know mine hasn't changed too much from those pics...

The only thing different is that I added a time line that goes across the wall from DD's desk (starts by the tall bookshelf) and goes the length of the wall above the loveseat.

Sorry it's such a small segment of the timeline- but I have to use my phone as my camera is broken and I wanted to show the detail not just a stripe on the wall.

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    January 28, 2013 at 10:21 PM

This is our school area. It's a wall in my daughters bedroom. We do school in other areas too but this gives a home to everything school related.
    As for as worksheets, I have a binder, divided into subjects, that I put them in. For projects we take pictures and eventually we get rid of the project since we are so limited on space.
  • cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    January 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
    I have a small room designated to school. We have 2 bookcases, a desk with a hutch, tons of bins. I'll post pics when I get home.
  • amirah827
    January 30, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Good Evening-
    My lil one is starting Kindergarten soon and this is her corner she has a white table with (4) colored chairs. I have a small.cabinet I keep in my room with her supplies. I bought my daughter a large folder from Lakeshore Learning that she puts her daily work in. I also buy posters from teacheresource and the Dollar Tree to get my banner. Make it colorful and.fun!! Good Luck
  • jen2150
    by jen2150
    January 30, 2013 at 9:10 AM

here is what I use that has helped the most.  I am currently working on turning our shchool room into a library.  My books are out of control.

Our papers were out of control.  I have one row and my kids have a personal row.

I use these for my kids individual subjects so my books shelf stays neat and organized.

• KickButtMama
    January 30, 2013 at 10:36 PM

We have our dining room set up for school as well, but mostly it's for storage of our school items. I have 2 bookcases, and a meTal rack (like a book case) for the billion books I have. So each child has their own book case with the metal one being teaching materials and reference books. I have a dressure in there for some craft supplies, and a cubbyhole bookshelf thing that holds 9 baskets - botch of tHese for crafts supplies and science materials. I also have a small bookcase (one intended for bathrooms) where I keep  our rarely used workbooks.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts