Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
No_Difference
so sick of computers
January 27, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I am at my wits end with technology. I have problem after problem with any electronics ranging in viruses and electrical issues with all 3 computers to networking issues to printer issues to cable wires in the house to tvs to even all kitchen appliances!!! I am convinced there are wiring issues in the house even and its only 3 yrs old!

anyway, my point of posting - I cannot rely on internet sources or saving files on my computer anymore. I am currently using history odyssey for...history... but for the majority of it we appear to be on the computer. I can no longer access the files I need to to finish the yr til the computers are fixed once again! I am looking for next yr. my daughter will be in 4th grade... any secular history curriculum? I should be good on our others...but maybe also geography? I stress secular and the computer not be needed... thank you.

Replies

• No_Difference
    January 29, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Thank you :)
     I so agree with that! My hubby gets annoyed because I complain all the time because I tend to correct the books lol. Then we have a long debate, which I usually win and we have to start the lesson all over again lol. But then that's where i get too deep...and lose everyone's interest....lol. That's where I mostly need a guide so I know where to cut off the lesson... I pitty my kids when they reach high school age if we're still homeschooling then lol (I'm still trying to persuade to continue homeschool through).  

Quoting kirbymom:

Try accessing your library. Or maybe even a used book store. We buy used books that are much older than the mainstream today as they are whitewashing  what really happened in History. 

• kirbymom
    January 30, 2013 at 4:43 PM

We have long debates all the time. Usually its about who is more right, him or me. He usually wins by a smidge.   

Quoting No_Difference:

Thank you :)
     I so agree with that! My hubby gets annoyed because I complain all the time because I tend to correct the books lol. Then we have a long debate, which I usually win and we have to start the lesson all over again lol. But then that's where i get too deep...and lose everyone's interest....lol. That's where I mostly need a guide so I know where to cut off the lesson... I pitty my kids when they reach high school age if we're still homeschooling then lol (I'm still trying to persuade to continue homeschool through).  

Quoting kirbymom:

Try accessing your library. Or maybe even a used book store. We buy used books that are much older than the mainstream today as they are whitewashing  what really happened in History. 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts