Homeschooling Moms

urbanique
3rd grade homeschooling
January 27, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Good afternoon ladies,

I am new to this homeschooling journey, but I am ready and willing to what ever it takes to continue my son's advancement in his education. We actually just started after the new years. It all started when we had to move due to a relocation for my job, and the schooling here is horrible when it comes to dicipline and teaching the children vs. categorizing the kids and saying they need counseling and meds because the teachers are too lazy to be involved with the kids...anyhoo my son passed the talented and gifted testing and this area placed him in a regular class with not enough work, then tried to say he had behavior issues when all he wanted to do was more work (they wouldnt give it to him because it wasnt in the lesson plans). So after reasearching this for 3mo I decided that he cannot go into the new year upset, stressed, and mislead. So if anyone has any suggestions on where to start, or examples of different avenues please share. 

Replies

• coala
    by coala
    January 29, 2013 at 11:28 AM

We are using ABeka....it has a Chirstian foundation.  I also supplement where needed with things I have found online.  The women in this group are a wealth of information and incredibly helpful when you really need it.

Homeschooling Moms