Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
SparklingHope
How often
January 23, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Are you buying ink cause of printing material from what you find online?? How do you save on that?? I have an HP Deskjet..I feel like it goes through like every 3-4 months..drives DH nuts. Just curious on how other homeschooling moms save money on their ink!

Replies

• sheila5745
    January 23, 2013 at 8:30 AM

You are doing good. I go through a lot of ink and paper.. My dh asked if I didn't have enough, but I just can't help myself!! I see something I think will help her, I am going to print it.. LOL

• BramblePatch
    January 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    I really balanced buying curriculum in hard copy vs. finding materials online. Honestly, I think the cost of ink and paper can be so insane that I just bought complete curricula. I only print/copy 6 to 10 pages a week for HS and I still go through ink every 4 months (I do print other stuff, though). I get my ink at Walmart. Its also an HP...not sure which model but it's also a fax.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    January 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM
    Invest in a laser printer. I was buying ink every 6 weeks to two months.Now it is llike once every 9 months.
  • KickButtMama
    January 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I used to go through a Ton, now I buy ink about every 8 weeks. Our local Staples gives $2 off when you bring in an empty ink cartridge.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    January 23, 2013 at 11:49 AM

We use a contnuous ink system.  You add ink directly.  Buy it in bulk.  I stock on paper at staples and use their rebates.  I just recently spent $40 on 4 bottles of ink and it should last me for a couple of years at least if not more.

• SparklingHope
    January 23, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I've seen the ones where you refill it yourself. I'm so nervous I'm gonna mess the ink and my printer up trying to fill it myself. lol. 

Quoting jen2150:

We use a contnuous ink system.  You add ink directly.  Buy it in bulk.  I stock on paper at staples and use their rebates.  I just recently spent $40 on 4 bottles of ink and it should last me for a couple of years at least if not more.

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    January 23, 2013 at 12:11 PM

If I can do it anyone can do it.  I've had the bottles for a year or two and they have only gone down a couple of inches.  I would try it and if it doesn't work your only out a little bit of money.  If it does work you will save hundred of dollars down the line.

Quoting SparklingHope:

I've seen the ones where you refill it yourself. I'm so nervous I'm gonna mess the ink and my printer up trying to fill it myself. lol. 

Quoting jen2150:

• Pukalani79
    January 23, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I have a Kodak printer.  Black ink cartridges are just over $10 each.  We've been using it since October and I just had to replace my first cartridge, but it was my brother's before that, so I don't know how long that cartridge had been in there.

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    January 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM

We don't print all the time but it seams when we do print it is a lot that gets printed all at once. I get new ink every 4-6 months. We run out of paper faster because we use it for so much more then just printing.

• coala
    by coala
    January 23, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I honestly don't remember the last time we changed my ink cartridge.  It was awhile.  I no longer have that printer...had to throw it out before Christmas.  I had an ant colony of all things in my printer in my office....it was the strangest thing.  It does sit near a window.  My SO just brought the brand new printer into my office but hasn't hooked it up yet, but the cartridges for this one are way cheaper and I will be doing more printing b/c we are changing things up a bit.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN