Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
BraydensMama163
So excited. A homeschooling program! ***UPDATE***
January 22, 2013 at 3:34 PM

We are members of our local children's museum. The other day I logged on to their website to check party space and saw they were offering a homeschooling class for kids 1st thru 4th grade. Its a pilot class and its 10 dollars and he gets to go for an hour. If the feedback is good they will continue it during the fall.
I just registered DS for the pilot class in two days. I hope he likes it!

We just got home, I don't know exactly what went on because i had my three year old with me and wasnt allowed to sit in the room with her :( but I peeked in the door a few times and he seemed to be really enjoying it. I saw him raise his hand a few time, he came out after the hour was over smiling and waving a "treasure map" he had made in front of him. They used graph paper and each 1 in square counted for 1 mile. His was 6 miles long lol. He then wanted to go do reading time! A first for my kids. We went into the library and listened to The Kissing Hand. (A favorite in our home) and we played a bit more and then came home. I had to babysit so it was a short trip. I got to drink a cup of coffee and watch DD play for a while. It was actually relaxing for me. I so hope they keep the program. It will only be a once a month thing though, sadly. 

Also, I picked up a local magazine called Parents and Kids and found this edition slam full of resources for kids with ADHD and a few resources for local homeschooling groups! I made a few phone calls and applied for two homeschool groups in my area. Yay!!!!

Replies

• cjsmom1
    by cjsmom1
    January 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM
    That's great! I wish I could find something like that near me
  • Homeschoolmom99
    January 22, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Quoting cjsmom1:

• OneDay.
    by OneDay.
    January 22, 2013 at 3:44 PM

That's awesome. 

• irvinehiker
    January 22, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Wow!  That's great.  There is nothing like that here.  Not too many homeschoolers around.  

• BraydensMama163
    January 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM
    In small town Mississippi I'm surprised they are offering it as well. We got so lucky finding it before the registration was over.

Quoting irvinehiker:

Wow!  That's great.  There is nothing like that here.  Not too many homeschoolers around.  

• BraydensMama163
    January 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    I got lucky. I wish I knew of some homeschooling parents around me. Maybe we will meet some at the class. We are all alone here in this.

Quoting cjsmom1:

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    January 22, 2013 at 6:23 PM

sounds fun!!! let us know how it goes!!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    January 22, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Our local science museum used to offer homeschool classes & they where great but the lady that was in charge of it got fired for stealing from the museum & they stopped offering the classes after that.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    January 22, 2013 at 9:17 PM
    Fun!
  • BraydensMama163
    January 22, 2013 at 9:39 PM
    Oh my. That's horrible.

Quoting usmom3:

Our local science museum used to offer homeschool classes & they where great but the lady that was in charge of it got fired for stealing from the museum & they stopped offering the classes after that.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts