Homeschooling Moms

sarahlu
homeschooling todlers
by sarahlu
January 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Hey! I just started homeschooling my todlers ages 3 & 4 and was wondering how everyone else got their toddlers ready for school... does anyone have any curriculum ideas for preschool. anything would help! thanks!

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    January 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM
    I have searched and searched, using several curric until I found the one I am using now. It is free from www.weefolkart.com and I love it. It incorporates the alphabet, reading/stories, nature and science, everything! Math is the only thing, but its easy enough to work on shapes and counting with a preschooler without a.curric.
  • mrs.miller89
    January 22, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Well my toddler is only 2 but right now we do flash cards on the iPad once or twice a day and other than that I try to teach her things as they come up throughout our days. (Like she said something about the stoplight being red, and we taught her what each light color means.) I plan on easing her into a "school" routine in the fall. I don't have any curriculum picked out or anything but have some websites and ideas! 

www.letteroftheweek.com

www.abcya.com

www.handsonhomeschooling.com

www.abcteach.com

www.tlsbooks.com/preschoolworksheets.htm

Sorry, I don't know how to make them clicky on the iPad. =\ Also I'm pretty sure I found most or all of these from other moms on here, they are a great group of moms and really helpful!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    January 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM

hi sara!!welcome!

when i first started my kids we just did arts and crafts till they were ready for academic stuff, around 5 or so,  then we just started in on the books!hahaha

no curr ideas but just ideas! how bout playing!! teaching them songs, to recite, hands on stuff, lots of running around, hikes looking for bugs, diggning in the garden, helping you cook, washing dishes,  dancing, jumping....

Homeschooling Moms