Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
leighp1
Outling!
by leighp1
January 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Are there any good websites that help with learning to outline.  I found eHow, but thought maybe some of you have some other ideas.

Thanks

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    January 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM
    Bump !
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    January 22, 2013 at 6:46 PM

i was gona answer this, this morning but had to run and do a coop class!

heres some places i use

http://languagearts.pppst.com/outlines.html

How to Write an Essay Outline
    Choose a topic of your own choice and focus on a limited aspect of the topic that you can manage.
    Collect information or note down the points that you already know.
    You can gather information from newspapers, magazines, books or helpful computer pages.
    While organizing the subject matter, divide the information into major ideas.
    Again divide the information under major ideas into sub ideas.
    Eliminate the irrelevant information, include only that information which supports each major idea.
    Divide your rough work into introduction, body and conclusion and further, sub divide the body into different major ideas.
    The introduction should tell the readers what the essay is about.
    Two-three sentences in the introduction should reflect what you are going to state in the body of the essay.
    Each paragraph of the body should explain the topic in detail.
    You can include an example, piece of evidence, or quotation that supports the topic sentence.
    The conclusion or the last paragraph should include the closing statement which would indicate that you have finished your discussion.
    In the last part, you should summarize the information provided in the body of the essay and discuss how this information supports the topic.
    Read more at Buzzle: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-to-write-an-outline.html
    and

Outline

1. Begin your outline by writing your topic at the top of the page.
    2. Next, write the Roman numerals I, II, and III, spread apart down the left side of the page.
    3. Next to each Roman numeral, write the main ideas that you have about your topic, or the main points that you want to make.
      • If you are trying to persuade, you want to write your best arguments.
      • If you are trying to explain a process, you want to write the steps that should be followed.
        You will probably need to group these into categories.
        If you have trouble grouping the steps into categories, try using Beginning, Middle, and End.
      • If you are trying to inform, you want to write the major categories into which your information can be divided.
    4. Under each Roman numeral, write A, B, and C down the left side of the page.
    5. Next to each letter, write the facts or information that support that main idea.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN