Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
katinahat
Laurel Springs
January 21, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here uses Laurel Springs distance learning for their K-3 child. I used Laurel Springs for middle school when I was a child, but it's been a little while and I've never seen their project-based learning program. So do you or anyone you know use it? What do you/they think of it? How has your child reacted to the material?

Replies

• Silverkitty
    January 21, 2013 at 1:23 AM

I could never justify the price to use it.

• katinahat
    January 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Quoting Silverkitty:

I could never justify the price to use it.

The price is within our range, so that's not a problem. I was more asking about what day-to-day learning is like with the project-based curriculum, especially in the first couple of years (K-3). Is it pretty all-encompassing? Or do they own learn niche things? Did you/they have to supplement at all?

• kirbymom
    January 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Since I write my own curriculum, I wouldn't be of much help but here is a bump for you.  :)  

BTW -----

Welcome to the group!  :)  Love your nickname. lol  

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 21, 2013 at 11:44 AM

I like the idea of a project based curriculum, but no, I've never used it. Here's a BUMP!

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 21, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Welcome to the group! So you are a second generation homeschooler?

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    January 21, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I don't know anything about it but sounds interesting.

• katinahat
    January 22, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Quoting kirbymom:

Since I write my own curriculum, I wouldn't be of much help but here is a bump for you.  :)  

BTW -----

Welcome to the group!  :)  Love your nickname. lol  

Thank you! :)

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    January 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    I havent heard of it, bump
  • katinahat
    January 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Quoting mem82:

Welcome to the group! So you are a second generation homeschooler?

I was only homeschooled for eighth grade (unfortunately lol), but over my childhood, I also went to private, public, and "college-prep" schools. And homeschooling was leaps and bounds better than any of the others, so I DEFINITELY want to homeschool my daughter. My Mom joined the local homeschooling co-op when we were doing that and it was just great. I'm naturally very autodidactic, so self-paced learning suited me really well :)

• LoveTragedyFun
    February 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I just stumbled upon their website, I am interested in it as well- for my 5 year old.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN