Homeschooling Moms

jlabadens
~**HEY EVERYONE!! IM NEW!!**~
January 21, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Hi there everyone!

My name is Jen, i am a 33 year old SAHM of 3. Caitlyn-13, Andrew-8 and Raegan-5. We dont do homeschooling persay..so i hope its ok i joined this group. We do schooling online at home thru the k12 program, which we absolutely love at this point. I do hope to transfer over to completely homeschooling someday, but because of laws,regualtions etc here in my state of Washington, i have to qualify first. 

Im excited to talk to other mommas who experience some the same day to day things i do having our babies at home learning. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask!

--Jen

Replies

• QueenCreole313
    January 21, 2013 at 4:56 AM

Hi Jen! Welcome, I'm pretty new as well. (Still in the planning stage of homeschooling.) Everyone here is great!

• jen2150
    by jen2150
    January 21, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I am Jen as well.  Welcome to the group.  I have two boys.  They are 9 and 10.  

• AutymsMommy
    January 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Hi Jen! I have heard that regs are pretty high in Washington!

• KickButtMama
    January 21, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Welcome to the group!!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    January 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Welcome Jen. I hope that you feel at home here & feel free to ask any & all questions. With all the different Moms on here we are sure to have an answer for almost everything!

• kirbymom
    January 21, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Hi Jenn. Welcome.  :) 

Here's a question for you.....

What's the best part of having your kids home with you?  :) 

• romacox
    by romacox
    January 21, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Welcome Jenn   welcome to cafemom

• bether89
    January 21, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Welcome!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    January 21, 2013 at 4:46 PM

hi again jen!!

online schooling is just another way to homeschool and your very welcome here! im below you in oregon, wow i didnt realize your hs laws were like that, you have to qualify? qualify to do what? teach your own kids!hahahaha thats funny since you've been teaching them since birth!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    January 21, 2013 at 4:49 PM

wow jen just looked at your law, thats not a good one!!

Homeschooling Moms