Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
jlabadens
~**HEY EVERYONE!! IM NEW!!**~
January 21, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Hi there everyone!

My name is Jen, i am a 33 year old SAHM of 3. Caitlyn-13, Andrew-8 and Raegan-5. We dont do homeschooling persay..so i hope its ok i joined this group. We do schooling online at home thru the k12 program, which we absolutely love at this point. I do hope to transfer over to completely homeschooling someday, but because of laws,regualtions etc here in my state of Washington, i have to qualify first. 

Im excited to talk to other mommas who experience some the same day to day things i do having our babies at home learning. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask!

--Jen

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 21, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Welcome! All are welcome here. 8)

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM

How do you like K 12?

• Walnutgrovefarm
    January 22, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Welcome Jen!!!  I'm in Illinois and thank goodness our laws are not so strict! My belief is the parents are the first teachers our kids get in life why do we have to show we qualify to teach them in a school setting. We as parents hold ourselves accountable for our children's education. I have a vested interest in my children and what they learn. Talk to your rep in your state try to get more hs parents bombarding your state reps to change the laws. Find out who made them so strict.

• irvinehiker
    January 22, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Welcome to the group!!!  There are many moms in this group who use K12 also.  So glad you are here!

• rsrangel
    January 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Welcome!  We are in Florida and the law is pretty laid back here, especially under an umbrella school.  I'm going to have to look Washington's law just out of curiousity!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts