Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
jpetellat
Thinking about homeschooling.
January 20, 2013 at 3:57 PM

My Husband and I have been thinking about homeschooling for a few years now and we only have til this August to make up our mined. We also have a 13 year old that we have been thinking about to and she is not happy because she wants to be with her friends. what to do.

Replies

• Jinx-Troublex3
    January 20, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    She can see friends after school and weekends. They shouldn't be having social time in class anyway.

Find friends in homeschool groups or sports, church groups or communtiy service.
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    January 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    We have made so many friends honeschooling, and she still sees her public school friends after they get home or weekends. They dont get much time at school to talk anyway, kwim?
  • irvinehiker
    January 22, 2013 at 10:07 PM

There are so many social opportunities besides a brick and mortar school.  The "socializing" that happens in a school is not true socialization that happens in the real world.  She can certainly see her ps friends on the weekends.  

• crzy4crm
    January 23, 2013 at 3:22 PM
    I pulled my daughter out after third grade. She sees some of her friends from public school, but not many. I am still trying after 3 yrs to get her to join some of the co-ops that are offered. We have band, choir, and robotics just to name a few. Those are offered in the homeschool group that we are members of. The kids have dances, go skating, bowling. This past year I was in charge of Mother/Daughter Christmas Banquet. The adjustment was a little hard for me, too, I was PTA President for two years and had even gotten Parent of the Year. Another plus.....less drama!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN