Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
What is everyone learning about this week?
by mem82
January 20, 2013 at 3:10 PM

What's on the learning agenda?

Replies

• kirbymom
    January 21, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Well, to start with, we are doing research papers for our oldest two  on electricity and chemical analysis and that has been turned into bunny trail reports from last weeks schooling.  I am also trying to help my youngest in school, move up in his reading abilities by adding a new twist to what I give him for school work. My other two are just doing their regular work for the week.  :)  

• Annastacialynn
    January 21, 2013 at 3:14 PM

working on reading, reviewing our phonics, flashcards in math (adding up to 12 - subtracting from 10 and under), and reading from history and science books. (1st grade)

• bluerooffarm
    January 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM
    History is the rise of Islam and math contributions. Science is chemical changes that cannot be undone. We are ready to start multiplication with my 2nd grader and subtraction with my kindergartener. We will be reading some of the thousand nights in literature to kind of go along with the history.
  • bether89
    January 21, 2013 at 4:02 PM

We are starting  the study of plants.

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM

We'll be doing that in a few weeks, if I can get some seedlings planted!

Quoting bether89:

• Pukalani79
    January 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Today we did MLK and a little about the inauguration. This week, we'll be studying Colonial Children.  We'll be making some bread and butter and clothespin dolls, playing some games and other activities.  We'll do multiplication for all three.  We'll also be putting together our solar system model this week.

• noraa21
    by noraa21
    January 22, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Starting our new unit studies, which includes everything but math.  In math we are doing fractions, and also easy grammar along with whatever the unit study has them doing.

• bether89
    January 22, 2013 at 4:41 PM

We are going to plants some seeds too.  We are going to put some dried beans in a ziploc baggie with some cotton balls and water.  Then we will tape them to the window and watch what happens.

Quoting mem82:

We'll be doing that in a few weeks, if I can get some seedlings planted!

Quoting bether89:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN