Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
leighp1
Any homeschool people in the Panhandle of Florida?
by leighp1
January 20, 2013 at 8:05 AM

We have been looking for a group in the panhandle of Florida.  We found a couple, but we are still looking for that one that you feel you fit in with.  My daughter so wants to meet friends that she can hang out with.  It's hard for her.  She is 11 and has Selective Mutism and Social Phobia, so she doesn't interact well, but she wants to try.

Replies

• tuffymama
    January 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    Where in the Panhandle? Toward the gulf? Blountstown/Marianna? I'm in Tallahassee, so probably too far for you, but the local homeschool group I found through Yahoo Groups is pretty active and very large. There are many types of people and all ages of kids.
  • leighp1
    by leighp1
    January 20, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I am near Destin/Pensacola.  There are two groups we do go to on occations, but still looking for that "special" group.  I love Tallahassee.  We looked into moving there once, but no jobs for my husband.  I don't know if it was because we were just visiting or what, but man people there were so nice to us.  Nothing like here!!

Quoting tuffymama:

Where in the Panhandle? Toward the gulf? Blountstown/Marianna? I'm in Tallahassee, so probably too far for you, but the local homeschool group I found through Yahoo Groups is pretty active and very large. There are many types of people and all ages of kids.

• Silverkitty
    January 20, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I miss that area.  We used to be stationed at Eglin, AFB.  Wish I could be of more help, but my daughter was to young to homeschool when we lived there.

• tuffymama
    January 20, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    Quoting leighp1:

Most people are pretty nice here. I find the rude people I encounter are the out of towners/Miami types, and the people that most of us wouldn't hang out with, if you KWIM. Lol. Like the people on Cops.
  • romacox
    by romacox
    January 21, 2013 at 8:34 AM

FPEA has a large list of groups, and their contact information  in the Panhandle of Florida.  I hope you find the right fit for you and your daughter. 

P.S. Just in case you are not in that area of the panhandle, here are groups in all districts in Florida .  Just click on the area you are in, and it will take you to a list of the groups near you. 

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts