Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
superwoman0105
So relieved about my feelings. Now I know what this is called...
January 19, 2013 at 6:11 PM

HOMESCHOOL BURNOUT!

Ever since Christmas break ended, I couldn't figure out what was going on with me.  Then I overheard one of the moms at a homeschool group talk about this.  I googled it and learned that this is precisely what I've got.  I am so relieved.  I thought that something was wrong with me or something.  I couldn't figure out why I was not enjoying my kids as much and I was not enjoying homeschooling either.

According to the symptoms that I am experiencing,  I just need to relax, breathe, and let go of the expectations I put on my kids and myself for a while.  We will still have lessons but we are going to try to enjoy the day and if we are not enjoying that lesson, then we will stop and we may or may not come back to it.  I am learning that the pressure I was feeling to check off the lessons completed on my list is not as important as keeping my sanity and keeping the joy and peace in my home.  I am a mother first, then a teacher.  I love being a mother and I love being home with my kids. 

Just wanted to share with like-minded moms how happy I am that I figured this out before I got to the point of giving up or losing my mind.

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    January 19, 2013 at 8:52 PM
    So glad that you figured out what was wrong & are willing to do things to fix it instead of throwing in the towl .
  • LilrockerMama
    January 19, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    I'm glad you figured it out and plan on taking a breather. The world spins madly on just remember to make the time fun while learning and ease stress as much as you can. Good luck!!
  • LilrockerMama
    January 19, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    I'm glad you figured it out and plan on taking a breather. The world spins madly on just remember to make the time fun while learning and ease stress as much as you can. Good luck!!
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    January 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM

yea glad you figured it out!!! its got a name , now you can deal with it!!! yea!!!

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 21, 2013 at 11:23 AM

We've all had homeschool burn out and some point. 8)

• kirbymom
    January 21, 2013 at 11:34 AM

The best part of being a homeschooling family is that you can change up whatever you are doing whenever you need/want.  

- Life is Education and Education is Life

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts