Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
KickButtMama
What are you up to today?
January 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Ugh, I don't know why I do this to myself twice a year, but today I'm burying myself in my room in order to prep all the supplies for our first day of co-op on Tuesday. I'm teaching 3 classes so that means I have 3 days to make - 

13 3-ring binder Anatomy lapbooks

13 foam board 12 x 9 inch rectangular boxes 

And figure out how I'm going to transport all of them plus my 2 microscope cases, 13 stethoscopes and 4 dozen eggs - the 3 block from my house to coop....eek!

what are you up to?

Replies

• KickButtMama
    January 19, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Oooo, fun!

Quoting SusanTheWriter:

I'm sitting in my writer's group meeting. We already talked about finding time to write, and next up is the agent hunt.

• KickButtMama
    January 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I've never even heard of that, do you have a website you use that has the process?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Making goat milk soap! I'm so excited, but it has to cure till st Patrick's day!
    I also made some liquid hand soap from a cake of Dr. Bronners. It needs to sit till tomorrow morning.
    Next I'm going to plan out the meals for the week, clean the kitchen, and make apple pie!

• hipmomto3
    We all slept in til 8:30 (heaven!), then I went to the gym. Came home, helped kids do Saturday chores, showered, and my mom came over. So then DH & I went to do some errands and out for Indian for lunch (nomnomnom). Came back home & we all went for a walk at the riverfront with the doggies. Now I'm folding laundry and planning for Sunday. We'll eat pizza & watch Shaggy Dog tonight.
  • KickButtMama

I'm jealous, I want to relax!

Quoting kirbymom:

Taking the day off to relax as we had a full week this past week. :)  

• KickButtMama
    January 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Oooo, I've never made apple butter, but it sounds yummy. Is it hard to make?

Quoting mamamedic69:

We are peeling, cutting apples for preserves and apple butter. Later we will fill the jars and seal them. My daughter picked up some other fruits at the fruit stand so we are going to be making fruit salad for dessert.

• KickButtMama
    January 19, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Don't worry, it does get easier! I remember feeling so disorganized and frazzled in the beginning too.

Quoting Nhismage:

Well, being that I'm very new to this and my DS and I just got started this past week.  I will be preparing lessons for next week because I have been such a mess an all unorganized...lol..lol Then maybe Ill do a little baking.  I'm in the mood for some keylime cake with cream cheese icing or just a glaze on top, it's sooooo good.

• KickButtMama
    January 19, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Ooooo, whys everybody gotta talk about food? I've got a loose cap so I can chew anything hard...now I'm hungry! Grrrr. 

Quoting hipmomto3:

We all slept in til 8:30 (heaven!), then I went to the gym. Came home, helped kids do Saturday chores, showered, and my mom came over. So then DH & I went to do some errands and out for Indian for lunch (nomnomnom). Came back home & we all went for a walk at the riverfront with the doggies. Now I'm folding laundry and planning for Sunday. We'll eat pizza & watch Shaggy Dog tonight.

• mamamedic69
    January 19, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    Not at all. I'll post the recipe later. I cook it overnight in the crockpot. Then use a blender to break up any chunks.

Quoting KickButtMama:

Oooo, I've never made apple butter, but it sounds yummy. Is it hard to make?

Quoting mamamedic69:

We are peeling, cutting apples for preserves and apple butter. Later we will fill the jars and seal them. My daughter picked up some other fruits at the fruit stand so we are going to be making fruit salad for dessert.

• PeaceChild
    January 19, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I'm organizing our homeschool bookshelves!

• LilrockerMama
    January 19, 2013 at 8:11 PM
    Well we ended up getting slammed in ER, kept me on my toes. =p

Quoting KickButtMama:

Eek, I'm tired just thinking about it. 

Quoting LilrockerMama:

I'm working 7a-7p we don't have many patients and nothing going on, it will be a long day

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts