Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Cafe MichelleP
OT: What Does The Inside of Your Refrigerator Look Like?
January 18, 2013 at 12:04 PM

'RHOBH' Star's Refrigerator Makes Me Ashamed of Mine

Posted by Julie Ryan Evans

refrigeratorSo far on this season of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Yolanda Foster has been pretty much a non-player. She hasn't really done much but flaunt her fabulous figure, family, and lemons. Still, it was a scene in her house that has haunted me ever since it aired a few weeks back -- the one in which they showed her refrigerator.

Even if you couldn't care less about any housewives in any city, it truly is a thing of beauty that can be appreciated by all.

The front is glass, which gives you an uninterrupted view of everything inside. That might be a negative for some, but it would be a shame to hide the contents of hers, as everything is fresh, ripe, and color-coordinated. It makes you feel peaceful and healthy just looking at it, and it bests even the most beautiful grocery store display.

Ever since I saw it and its awesomeness, I've been left with a major case of refrigerator envy, and I've been feeling ashamed of mine ever since. 

Oh, mine is nice enough on the outside, if you ignore the fingerprint smudges on the stainless steel doors. And I love the freezer drawer on the bottom ... well, when I don't have to try to shut it three or four times because things are jammed in wrong and get in the way.  

There are plenty of shelves, but somehow, no matter how organized I intend it to be, I open that door, and ... well, let's just say it looks NOTHING like Yolanda's. In fact, here's what it looks like:

refrigerator

Yeah, not quite the same huh? Sigh. It's clean and all, but aesthetically pleasing ... not so much. I don't know where it is she keeps her kids' lunches, and leftovers from the night before, and all the rest of it, but mine must go in my refrigerator even if they clash with the produce.

I know there are more important issues than what the inside of my refrigerator looks like, and few people ever see it anyway. And I know that Yolanda likely has people to keep hers looking as it does when I just have people messing mine up every time they need a snack. Knowing all that, however, doesn't make me any less green at the thought of how lovely her greens look in their refrigerated glory.

What does the inside of your refrigerator look like?

Share a picture with us!

Replies

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    BJ
    January 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Mine is a cluttered mess but on the upside there is food in there & I know we wont starve if I can't get to the store for a day or so.

• bluerooffarm
    January 18, 2013 at 1:14 PM
    Awe sweetie, it's just a waste of time keeping your fridge that organized. I would much rather spend that time ... well...doing just about anything other than organizing my fridge! Mine is a cluttered mess with all kinds of projects and experiments in it. Right now there is a bag of jello with a banana slice in it that shows my boys the main parts of the cell. There is a huge tub of homemade yogurt. A tub of fat waiting to collect so we can make soap. All kinds of leftovers. We have real life represented. This woman's fridge looks like some silly fantasy world, imo. Hey, if you've got the time, good for you, but if you don't ask yourself what you'll regret missing at the end of your life. My regret will not be my fridge.
  • Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    January 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    Mine definitely doesn't look like that, not to mention its dark because the light is out.
  • JuicyRedTomato
    January 18, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Mine is nowhere close to that! Haha!

There's no way I can could mine looking that neat...heck, I can barely keep it full at the rate my boys eat. Haha!

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM

Mine too!

Quoting Dawn07:

Mine definitely doesn't look like that, not to mention its dark because the light is out.

• coala
    by coala
    January 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Mine is full of food and some yummy leftovers at the moment.  It could also use a good wiping down inside and out, but the important part is that is has food in it.  Mine will never look like that and I would drive myself crazy trying to keep it that way.

• KickButtMama
    January 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Mine isn't too bad. I'm super anal so my fridge and pantry have labelled spots for everything.

• kirbymom
    January 19, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I agree with you blue.  Mine is nothing like the op's fridge. But, at least mine looks like we have someone using it for practicle purposes and not for show.  :) 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Awe sweetie, it's just a waste of time keeping your fridge that organized. I would much rather spend that time ... well...doing just about anything other than organizing my fridge! Mine is a cluttered mess with all kinds of projects and experiments in it. Right now there is a bag of jello with a banana slice in it that shows my boys the main parts of the cell. There is a huge tub of homemade yogurt. A tub of fat waiting to collect so we can make soap. All kinds of leftovers. We have real life represented. This woman's fridge looks like some silly fantasy world, imo. Hey, if you've got the time, good for you, but if you don't ask yourself what you'll regret missing at the end of your life. My regret will not be my fridge.

• tuffymama
    January 20, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    Mine is pretty organized, but it is a regular ol' refrigerator, in a regular ol' rental. We have meats and cheeses in our fridge, though, and two gallons of raw milk (one is for the yogurt I'm making tonight) in addition to all the produce. I like my fridge to stay clean so I don't have to worry about contamination. Plus, an organized fridge means less potential for food waste.
  • Boobah
    by Boobah
    January 20, 2013 at 9:37 PM
    It looks like a normal fridge.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts