Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
Are you ording for next year, already?
by mem82
January 18, 2013 at 8:55 AM

I have started thinking about it because Missie will need an Algebra text next year. I'm think of a Teaching Textbook. Has anyone used it?

Are you even thinking about next year, yet?

Replies

• mommathea
    January 18, 2013 at 8:59 AM

Not yet, but I did start thinking about  it this week. 

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    January 18, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    I have done thought about it and have been ordering a little here and there lol. I couldn't wait, to many good deals on eBay. As for as teaching textbooks, i haven't used them so I'm no help there.
  • mem82
    by mem82
    January 18, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Isn't funny how the thoughts start creeping in about this time of year? lol

Quoting mommathea:

Not yet, but I did start thinking about  it this week. 

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 18, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Ooo Ebay! I should check it out!

Quoting Dawn07:

I have done thought about it and have been ordering a little here and there lol. I couldn't wait, to many good deals on eBay. As for as teaching textbooks, i haven't used them so I'm no help there.

• Dawn07
    by Dawn07
    January 18, 2013 at 9:30 AM
    Lol, it's pretty amazing what all you can find.

Quoting mem82:

Ooo Ebay! I should check it out!

Quoting Dawn07:

• AutymsMommy
    January 18, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I haven't started ordering yet. I'm still planning. I'll order at the beginning of the summer probably.

I have used TT for a bit, but at a lower level. It's a fun, independent program that kids generally enjoy. Not the most rigorous, but it gets the job done. We dropped the fifth grade level because it was too easy (we switched over to CLE and Math Mammoth). My dd (rising grade 7) will need algebra next year too and I'm up between TT Algebra and Jacobs. I might get both. Lol. I need dd to be semi-independent for math next year because I'll be adding a kindergarten kiddo to the mix too. I *really* want Jacobs though. Lol!

(can you see why I'm not ordering yet? I'll spend the next few months being indecisive about new programs since dd is moving into more of a junior high program/fit)

• mem82
    by mem82
    January 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I am thinking a bit harder about the curriculum she is using now that she is in middle school, that's for sure.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I haven't started ordering yet. I'm still planning. I'll order at the beginning of the summer probably.

I have used TT for a bit, but at a lower level. It's a fun, independent program that kids generally enjoy. Not the most rigorous, but it gets the job done. We dropped the fifth grade level because it was too easy (we switched over to CLE and Math Mammoth). My dd (rising grade 7) will need algebra next year too and I'm up between TT Algebra and Jacobs. I might get both. Lol. I need dd to be semi-independent for math next year because I'll be adding a kindergarten kiddo to the mix too. I *really* want Jacobs though. Lol!

(can you see why I'm not ordering yet? I'll spend the next few months being indecisive about new programs since dd is moving into more of a junior high program/fit)

• bluerooffarm
    January 18, 2013 at 10:49 AM
    I have my planning done and I'm ordering one class per month so that we don't overtaxed our budget. I figure our last order will go out in May and we could start in June this year. School is so much easier while I'm canning.
  • JuicyRedTomato
    January 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Not me...yet. My ds is flying through the curriculum we have. He's already finished phonics for this year and math (except we are going to a do big currency unit in Feb). I break it up by quarters and at the end of our third quarter I'm going to evaluate how much/if we are going to continue building on what we've learned, or just keep practicing.

Its a really tough call. I don't want him to get bored but I also don't want to start first grade material and then put it on hold half way through for summer break. I'm even considering schooling during the summer (but just take lots of little breaks).

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Silverkitty
    January 18, 2013 at 11:46 AM

I haven't ordered it yet, but I know what all we are going to get and I've already worked out most of the schedule!

My daughter doesn't like Teaching Textbooks Math 7.  She is okay with the teaching, but the automatic grading really hurt her confidence.  She is a perfectionist so if she gets something wrong she totally shuts down.  So we will not be using it next year.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts