Homeschooling Moms

Cafe MichelleP
Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself..... Get started here!
January 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Homeschooling Moms group!

Whether you're a brand new member or have been on the site for years, you are always welcome at Homeschooling Moms!:)

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice dayMichelle

Here are some helpful links:

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    October 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Hello! Do you ever plan to homeschool your youngest. 8) It's great to meet you.

Quoting susanAKAsilly:

Hello.

My name is Susan, I am 36 years old and I have 2 boys (15 & 13) that I have been homeschooling for about 5 years and a 7 year old daughter who goes to "regular school".

I look forward to meeting moms with similar interests and hope to get a glimpse of how others homeschool their kids. 

• mem82
    by mem82
    October 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Welcome to the group. I have a son in 3rd grade. What do you think is the hardest part for you?

Quoting EmmasMom303:

Hi everyone! My name is Meagan and Im 28,married and we have one daughter Emma who is 8 and in the 3rd grade. We have been homeschooling since April 2013 and are loving it!

• EmmasMom303
    October 31, 2013 at 1:26 PM
    The hardest part for us was finding the right curriculum that Emma actually liked and was retaining. I spent money on workbooks to go along with the curriculum and she hated it. So we went back to using Easy Peasy and found MobyMax as well. It is also hard to find other Homeschooling families that actually want to get out of the house and do things! Also kids that are the same age as Emma too has been hard to find.
    Quoting mem82:

Welcome to the group. I have a son in 3rd grade. What do you think is the hardest part for you?

Quoting EmmasMom303:

Hi everyone! My name is Meagan and Im 28,married and we have one daughter Emma who is 8 and in the 3rd grade. We have been homeschooling since April 2013 and are loving it!

• mem82
    by mem82
    October 31, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    I understand completely. Homeschooling has really forced me out of my shell for the sake of the kids.

Quoting EmmasMom303:

The hardest part for us was finding the right curriculum that Emma actually liked and was retaining. I spent money on workbooks to go along with the curriculum and she hated it. So we went back to using Easy Peasy and found MobyMax as well. It is also hard to find other Homeschooling families that actually want to get out of the house and do things! Also kids that are the same age as Emma too has been hard to find.

Quoting mem82:

Quoting EmmasMom303:

• twixmom
    by twixmom
    February 4 at 5:06 PM

Kirbymom,

My mom is still homeschooling my baby sister and she told me about the Abeka DVD program.

So that is what we chose to do because there is so much stuff to choose from for homeschooling. It can be a little to much. This school year I have found that Sonlight reading books for the kids are great . But I feel there is way to much reading out loud books for us.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts