Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
mem82
Do you think homeschoolers should get a tax credit or tax break?
by mem82
January 16, 2013 at 4:32 PM

We do pay school taxes that most of us don't use.

Then again, good schools make for good property prices.

I would like to be able to maybe get a tax credit for supplies. Even if it was just limited to actual *school* supplies and curriculum.

I see the pros and cons to but sides of the debate. Where do you stand?

Replies

• paganbaby
    August 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I'd like that :-)

• gummibear
    August 14, 2013 at 6:36 PM

yeah I homeschool my 5,9,and 10 year olds but my 2 high school boys go to public my oldest is in real public and my 15 year old is in K12 virtual academy.

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Then your son is a public school student enrolled in a K12 charter school instead of being a homeschooler enrolled in the private online school.

Quoting gummibear:

My high school son is in K12 and we got a check back from them at the end of the summer for last years internet
    Quoting annieheart:

I home school using k 12.I don't think that I should be entitled a tax break.We get so much extra all ready.I don't know about those who have to log everything and send it all to the state and draw up their own lesson plans.K 12 is so demanding and takes up plenty of our time.Its sad that schools are so unsafe and there is such a lack of morals with many parents.When I was young,I never heard a parent say the f word to a teacher.Its not right to be taxed for unsafe and poor learning environments.No matter if I have kids that attend them or not.

• mhaney03
    August 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM

In my state, there is a tax credit for textbooks.

• QueenCreole313
    August 14, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    Yes theoretically. But if I have to give up any of my rights--homeschooling or privacy then hell no!
  • KrissyKC
    August 15, 2013 at 2:05 AM

as long as the tax break didn't involve the government being able to get overly involved in the home or the homeschool.   Yes, it would be nice.   Maybe if you homeschool, you can claim up to x amount of dollars toward your supplies.

However, I agree with still paying taxes like everyone else toward the schools.   Not only for property value, but because I was public schooled, and some one funded me...

• Momof697
    August 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I am not for it because I do not want the government with their hands in my pockets or changing the rules of homeschooling on me since they give me their money.   

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts