Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
KickButtMama
Did anyone else... **edited**
November 18, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Did anyone else catch the documentary on the National Geo channel last night on Hurricane Sandy? We live in Ct, one of the states hit pretty hard (though we were lucky at our house), but my brother lives in Manhattan. My kids were floored. We always watch those shows on natural disasters, but it was the first time they knew all the areas being discussed. It was so horrific. But an enlightening show none the less. Tonight the Discovery channel had one on as well.

**edit**

For those of you who missed it..Reruns! (Yay!)

Superstorm 2012 on Nat Geo channel Saturday @ 7 & 10 pm

Megastorm Discovery Channel  Sunday 9am

Replies

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    November 18, 2012 at 9:30 PM
    I didn't, but would have liked to see it. I missed all but facebook coverage of sandy.
  • kirbymom
    November 18, 2012 at 9:45 PM
    I didn't either but would have if I had known.
  • No_Difference
    November 18, 2012 at 10:25 PM

We watched something just now about Sandy on Discovery. Where we are in WV, we were supposed to be getting hit not only by Sandy's winds and have flooding and a ton of other affects from Sandy herself, but also from the low pressure system bringing in snow, and we ended up getting mild flooding and some wind damage but not nearly as much as the storm we had ealier this summer. It was very much a learning experience to see what happened to the coast and the break down of how and why everything happened the way it did. It still didn't answer how where we are was missed by almost everythin.  I'm just very thankful for that tho!

• KickButtMama
    November 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Yes we DVR'd the Discovery Channel one. Can't wait to see it. Glad you guys weren't hit too bad. I know the mountains in WV were buried in snow!

Quoting No_Difference:

We watched something just now about Sandy on Discovery. Where we are in WV, we were supposed to be getting hit not only by Sandy's winds and have flooding and a ton of other affects from Sandy herself, but also from the low pressure system bringing in snow, and we ended up getting mild flooding and some wind damage but not nearly as much as the storm we had ealier this summer. It was very much a learning experience to see what happened to the coast and the break down of how and why everything happened the way it did. It still didn't answer how where we are was missed by almost everythin.  I'm just very thankful for that tho!

• KickButtMama
    November 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

It's coming on again Saturdat night @ 7 & 10pm so you can catch it then! 

Quoting kirbymom:

I didn't either but would have if I had known.

• KickButtMama
    November 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM

It's on again Saturday @ 7 & 10pm on Nat Geo 

Quoting Boobah:

I didn't, but would have liked to see it. I missed all but facebook coverage of sandy.

• No_Difference
    November 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM

The crazy part is we ARE in the mountains o WV.... We were literally in like a safe bubble from the storm. 1/2 hr west of us was burried...

Quoting KickButtMama:

Yes we DVR'd the Discovery Channel one. Can't wait to see it. Glad you guys weren't hit too bad. I know the mountains in WV were buried in snow!

Quoting No_Difference:

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    November 19, 2012 at 7:02 AM
    We dont have cable, but thanks for letting me know!

Quoting KickButtMama:

It's on again Saturday @ 7 & 10pm on Nat Geo 

Quoting Boobah:

• KickButtMama
    November 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Lol, that's what happened to us here in CT! All the town around Us were hit hard, but we ended up realitively light in comparison. 

Quoting No_Difference:

The crazy part is we ARE in the mountains o WV.... We were literally in like a safe bubble from the storm. 1/2 hr west of us was burried...

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting No_Difference:

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts