Homeschooling Moms

momof3inapril09
Today's word of the day: excrement
October 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM
This evening my kids were outside with a neighbor girl collecting bugs and examining them and asked me about what grasshoppers eat. I pulled out my phone to Google the info they wanted and told them. Then they asked about worms. I had a vague recollection of hat worms eat so I googled that too. The worms that live towards the top of the surface eat leaves and grass, and the worms that live farther down eat what leaves and whatever other nutrition they can find that has broken down and come from the surface. They ingest the dirt containing what they need and what they don't need comes out in their excrement... I asked them if they knew what excrement was..... the girls took guesses and then my 7 yo speaks up...just guessing but he was right. Now my kids keep talking about the excrement in their baby sister and brother's diapers. Lol. I got a kick out of it and they get an invisible A for using excrement correctly in a sentence. Just wanted to share. :)

Replies

• MessedUpMama
    October 5, 2012 at 11:01 PM

That's cute! I asked my DS what he thought excrement was, he guessed a couple of times, then I gave him a hint. "It's something that almost always makes you laugh when someone talks about it." He knew right away from my clue. LOL Now he can't stop trying to find a way to use it in conversations. So far he has used it right. 

• momof3inapril09
    October 5, 2012 at 11:45 PM
    Lol. My kids are always making poo jokes and it got so bad I had to ban them... guess they found a loophole.

Homeschooling Moms