Homeschooling Moms

tiredmomfor2
you know that moment...
September 28, 2012 at 5:12 PM
You know that moment when you realize you goofed up and then have to humbly go to your child and apologize and ask them for forgiveness?
(Sigh) and they always forgive, no questions asked. If only we could always be that forgiving. :)
P.S. it has been a long Friday..

Replies

• mem82
    by mem82
    September 28, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I hate that moment. LOL

But it's good for the soul, right?

• tiredmomfor2
    September 28, 2012 at 7:01 PM
    Quoting mem82:

I hate that moment. LOL

Lol true. :)
  • jynkx
    by jynkx
    September 28, 2012 at 7:02 PM

i hate when that happens.  smh  but it happens to all of us.

• kirbymom
    September 28, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Oh yes! That is character building moment!  That's just God's/nature's way of keeping us on level and hopefully not forgetful of OUR own childhood. :)) 

• Olivia.M
    September 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Quoting mem82:

I hate that moment. LOL

AHH SO TRUE! 

• kirbymom
    September 28, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Hi Olivia. Welcome to the group! :)  

Have you been homeschooling long?

Quoting Olivia.M:

Quoting mem82:

I hate that moment. LOL

AHH SO TRUE! 

• coala
    by coala
    September 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

I have had those......I hate to admit that I don't like having to go apologize to my children for screwing up, but I do it.  I do it b/c I want them to understand that apologizing and owning your mistake is a good thing.

• tiredmomfor2
    September 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM
    Quoting coala:

I have had those......I hate to admit that I don't like having to go apologize to my children for screwing up, but I do it.  I do it b/c I want them to understand that apologizing and owning your mistake is a good thing.

Yes it is hard. I always feel 2 inches tall. Lol especially because it is usually because I have yelled too much or gotten too upset about a minor situation...
  • No_Difference
    September 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I hate those moments too...and appologizing to the kids so when I do, it's usually with a big bowl of ice cream for each of us with "sorry" written in chocolate chips and then we talk about it. The last time tho, my daughter pointed out that I never actually appologized verbally and I wasn't setting a good enough example lol. I said sorry as I lobbed a spoonful of ice cream at her and started a food fight lol

• tiredmomfor2
    September 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM
    Quoting No_Difference:

I hate those moments too...and appologizing to the kids so when I do, it's usually with a big bowl of ice cream for each of us with "sorry" written in chocolate chips and then we talk about it. The last time tho, my daughter pointed out that I never actually appologized verbally and I wasn't setting a good enough example lol. I said sorry as I lobbed a spoonful of ice cream at her and started a food fight lol

That is a good idea. I will have to remember that one for later. :)

Homeschooling Moms