Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
kikismom55
thank you!
July 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM
I just recently joined cafe mom, and I am a single mother of an 18-month old girl, so I havent had much time to even look around on this site. Let me start by saying I am not a homeschooling mom, but I wanted to join to express my appreciation for the discussion about "why bother having kids" which caught my eye. After reading it, it has really opened my eyes. I love my baby girl, watching her grow, and spending time with her. But I also have found myself longing for more alone time and sometimes I feel like im going crazy. I have pretty much no family or friends that I can leave my daughter with to get a break. The only time im ever away from her is at church for 1 1/2 hrs. I am so grateful to have read these posts while my daughter is still so young. She is a beautiful blessing, and for me to be longing for breaks all the time seems selfish. Spending time with her is so much more important than anything I could find to do on my own time. Thank you to all the mothers who have posted and offered insight that has changed the way I feel about this.

Replies

• KickButtMama
    July 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    You're welcome! And let me be the first to say it does get easier! Once she's a little older there won't be such a constant demand on your time. I've never really had family that could take my boys for extended periods. But having groups like this one helps me.
  • oredeb
    by oredeb
    July 3, 2012 at 10:46 AM

hi kiki!! i know what you mean'spending time with the kids' i came to the same conclusions when i was a single mom(years ago), its worth it, and they will thank you in lots of ways!

• usmom3
    by usmom3
    July 3, 2012 at 11:30 AM

So glad to see that post has helped someone!

• mem82
    by mem82
    July 3, 2012 at 1:40 PM

It does get easier! Once they are a little older, they will naturally want more space. Soon you'll have a 3 year old that closes her bedroom door on you and asks for 'me time' herself. 8) LOL

Good luck to you! I was a single mom once, too, and it was no walk in the park.

• Boobah
    by Boobah
    July 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    *smile*

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts