Homeschooling Moms

Cafe Amber
Welcome to Homeschooling Moms! Please introduce yourself.....
February 3, 2012 at 9:09 AM

welcomeWelcome to Homeschooling Moms! We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1: Introduce yourself by replying to this post. It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2: Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting. You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3: Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friend. To send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

To add a Homeschooling Moms signature to your posts, click here:
Signatures for the Homeschooling Moms group!!

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message.

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffeeMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Replies

• sunflowers2
    February 3, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Hi my name is amanda and I have two young girls . my daughter will be in kindergarden next year and I do not want her to go to puplic school so I need to figure out what i need to do to keep her at home and learning. can anyone help me figure out what i have to do and were do you find list of subjest the kids need to know about in differnt grades/

• bluerooffarm
    February 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Hi!  I'm currently cyber schooling my 6 y-o and I will also be cyber or homeschooling my 4 y-o starting in August.  I'm not sure if we'll be allowed to cyber school him since that fiasco of a court case here in PA. 

I also have a 3 y-o that I home preschool (which is pretty normal) but I like to include him too!

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Welcome! If you google Academic Standards, you'll find the lists of need to know subjects. Also, there is a great set of books called What Your Child Should Know (insert grade). Check out your local library for them, too. Ohio has their standards listed on their Stated Department of Education site.

Quoting sunflowers2:

Hi my name is amanda and I have two young girls . my daughter will be in kindergarden next year and I do not want her to go to puplic school so I need to figure out what i need to do to keep her at home and learning. can anyone help me figure out what i have to do and were do you find list of subjest the kids need to know about in differnt grades/

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 3, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Hello! I hope everything works out, next year. 8) My 2 yo likes to be apart of things, too.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Hi!  I'm currently cyber schooling my 6 y-o and I will also be cyber or homeschooling my 4 y-o starting in August.  I'm not sure if we'll be allowed to cyber school him since that fiasco of a court case here in PA. 

I also have a 3 y-o that I home preschool (which is pretty normal) but I like to include him too!

• Tcarwell
    February 4, 2012 at 7:07 AM

JUST WANTED TO SAY HI EVERYONE I JUST JOINED!!!!!!!!!!!

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    February 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM

welcome all new moms!!! come on in and post with us!!!

debbie

• AntroNet
    February 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM

I'm Toni.  I have four boys and one on the way (gender unknown).  I have a 7,4,2, and 1 year old.  I have been homeschooling for 2 years now....well, all their lives, but you know how that goes.  Anyway...hello.

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Welcome! How old are your kiddos?

Quoting Tcarwell:

JUST WANTED TO SAY HI EVERYONE I JUST JOINED!!!!!!!!!!!

• mem82
    by mem82
    February 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Hello! I have 2 gorls and 2 boys. They are 10, 7, 2, and 5 months.

Quoting AntroNet:

I'm Toni.  I have four boys and one on the way (gender unknown).  I have a 7,4,2, and 1 year old.  I have been homeschooling for 2 years now....well, all their lives, but you know how that goes.  Anyway...hello.

• vsjc
    by vsjc
    February 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Hello! I'm a Kansas homeschool mom. I have 2 daughters, 9 and 7, and a son 4. We are currently looking to adopt a son as well. I would be very interested in anyone with writing lessons that your kids find fun. My 9-year-old excels in every subject, but she hates to write! She reads about 4 grade levels above. Any advice? Also, my son is super attached to me... he doesn't really like to go places, and he won't talk to people. The biggest problem is that he will not do any form of school with me! I don't know how I'm going to teach him at home. He just wants to play all day. I can't even read to him, and he covers his ears when he hears music. Help?!

This post is locked, so you can't reply.

Homeschooling Moms