Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
Mom71307
Co-op organization
August 31, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Has anyone organized a co-op? I am working on one now with a few others in my area... our kids are all 5 and under pretty much (1 6 yr old).  I am doing a monthly "extracurricular" meet up for those who can't meet more often but want the networking, etc. An every other week to intro something in social studies or science (I think) and a weekly to go deeper into the SS or science that was intro-ed previously.  Any tips?

Replies

• romacox
    by romacox
    September 1, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Having each mother take turns giving a group lesson on something that she is gifted is fun (educational too).

• Mom71307
    September 1, 2011 at 10:09 AM

That's the plan!

Quoting romacox:

Having each mother take turns giving a group lesson on something that she is gifted is fun (educational too).

• oredeb
    by oredeb
    September 1, 2011 at 10:39 AM

i teach in a co op, but we have moms for certain classes once or twice a week.

theres a set of rules that need to be obeyed

of course everyone pays for their kids

• Mom71307
    September 1, 2011 at 11:55 AM

I like  the rules thing... we will discuss that too! Thanks!

Quoting oredeb:

i teach in a co op, but we have moms for certain classes once or twice a week.

theres a set of rules that need to be obeyed

of course everyone pays for their kids

• fygfitness_mom
    September 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM

I ran a K-3 group last year.

I agree with the rules comment for both children and parents. I had some issues with parent participation. It was required but a lot of parents didn't want that..um it's called a co-op for a reason people! ugh.

Good luck, I hope everything goes well!

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts