Homeschooling Moms

MommaChell
Beautiful YOU!
April 28, 2011 at 10:46 PM

In all the hustle-bustle of being a mother, as well as, all the other roles we so nimbly slip in and out of during our day; how do you fit in time for a beauty regimen? 

I'm not the type to wear a lot of make up, or spend much time fixing my hair (really, it's short for a reason!), but It is important to me to maintain a healthy beauty regimen. 

So when do you ladies make time for beautiful you and what's you're regimen like?makeup

Replies

• MrsM121
    by MrsM121
    April 29, 2011 at 2:29 PM

I don't do makeup and really haven't since middle school.  My hair is long and almost all one length which is how my husband wants it.  My biggest beauty regimen is making sure my face is clean, my teeth are brushed and my hair is combed LOL.

• SimplySonita
    April 30, 2011 at 12:01 PM

I'm a simple gal as well.

I do wear makeup often but it takes me around 5 min to 'do my face'

I usually have a simple hairstyle as well. Either simply brushed or pulled back in a simple style.

Even when I "go all out" I usually only spend aout 10 minutes on my beauty routine ;)

• MommaChell
    May 1, 2011 at 4:29 PM

On the daily, I really only ever clean or freshen up; shower, shave, and brush my teeth and hair- I love having my short hair so I don't have to mess with it. I epilady under my arms once a week (would love to have laser hair removal!), no shaving bumps and it keeps me from sweating there, unless It's really hot. If I'm expecting company, I may use some conceler here and there, a hair clip, and curl my eyelashes- thats about it. If I'm going all out I usually use some eyeshadow (nothing dark) and maybe some lip gloss. From time to time I'll apply some blush, if it comes to mind. I usually only wear mascara for our yearly family pictures. My husband would like my hair long again, but he's happy if i'm happy. I probably start growing it out again in a few years, when the kids are a little more independent.

I do try and do a pore cleansing mask after a hot soak a few times a week, as well as a facial toning routine that takes only a few minutes. My aunt swears by the facial toning and passed her secret on to me about 5 or 6 years ago; she looks good. That's about it for me. 

• SimplySonita
    May 1, 2011 at 5:25 PM

I shower daily, shave legs/underarms daily in the summer.

I rarely use lotion, just for lack of time to apply it! LOL But I do love lotion.

I have shoulder length hair right now. I run a brush through my hair and either put on a head band, bandana, clip half of it back or pull it back in a ponytail. I usually wear it down all winter and up all summer!

I have to wear my make up though. I use this mineral foundation. I LOVE IT!! It's so easy and quick. It evens out my skin tone and is great for my oily skin! I put it on almost daily.

Then I'll use some eye shadow. My daily, quick, easy, not going anywhere special eyeshadow is this one. It's quick, easy, light and looks really good on me. Just a little glow, ya know?

Then a little mascara dailymakeup

then if we're staying home-some chapstick if we're going out I use this I just discovered it recently and I LOVE it! I want it in every color (though the garnet looks really good on me)

Then a spray of body spray or purfume as I head out of the bathroom and I'm ready to face the day!

All that (minus the shower and sahve) takes less than 5 minutes and it makes me feel pretty. I dont' like for my husband to come home and me be unshowered or in my PJs or hair and face unkempt-I don't want to become too comfortable and slouchy. I want to look good for my husband, but I dont' want to spend all day doing it!

This makes me 'presentable', makes me look clean, glowing, well cared for.

Don't get me wrong-there are days I don't get dressed, there are days I throw on slouchy clothes and don't worry with my hair and makeup. But, I think it's important that wives show their husbadns they still care by not making it a dialy habit to be slouchy.

I do know women that don't even bother to brush their hair daily-I just can't imagine!

I wish I had time to do toning and such! Might have to try and work that in one day soon LOL

Sonita - Homeschooling Mom to Ephram (7) and Malachi (4) 

Mod for CafeMom-run Homeschooling Moms Group