Homeschooling Moms

Featured Posts
MommaChell
The example of love; how affectionate are you?
April 18, 2011 at 9:03 AM

How affectionate is your family? Do you and your significant do things, like, kissing passionately in front of the kids...or do you take a more conservative approach? How about kissing and hugging your children? How often do you say I love you to each other?

How do you think your expressions are impacting your children's understanding of love?

Replies

• MrsM121
    by MrsM121
    April 18, 2011 at 10:08 AM

We are very affectionate towards each other.

• SimplySonita
    April 19, 2011 at 7:31 AM

Quoting MrsM121:

I really did LOL when I saw your response-because of your profile picture! laughing

To answer the OP-we're very affectionate as well.

Yes, we kiss 'passionatly' in front of the kids, we hug, hold hands, slap bottoms, flirt, etc We hear "get a room!" a lot from friends and family LOL (not that we are inappropriate just that we are very affectionate in public)

I think it's good to show affection to your spouse in front of your kids. They need to see you love each other to feel secure and to see a loving relationship modeled.

I also hug an kiss my kids a lot. Hold thier hands just because (no just in parking lots and such) We cuddle during read alouds and quite time, etc.

• MommaChell
    April 19, 2011 at 1:35 PM

So good to hear you all are openly affectionate with your spouse and kids. We to are an affectionate family. We get positive comments on our family's expressions of affection from people in public. It's an encouraging confirmation to hear, especially when we get reports form others (family, friends) that our children are considerate and loving outside of our little circle. 

I too assumed your family was openly affectionate Mrs.M, by your profile pic, lol :) Teaching our children how to appropriately love one another is of the foundation of fundamental teachings.

• SimplySonita
    April 20, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Should add though, that I love the profile pic MrsM

• MrsM121
    by MrsM121
    April 20, 2011 at 9:30 AM

LOL a girl I used to work with told us we don't need to have anymore kids because we would never be able to take care of them cause we are always messing with each other.  We both flirt like crazy and he loves to tickle me anywhere, anytime just to get me to squeal and to see how far I'll jump.  My kids are the same way and my 5 year old on more than one occassion has knocked me clear on my butt running up to me full force to give me a hug.

Quoting SimplySonita:

Quoting MrsM121:

I really did LOL when I saw your response-because of your profile picture! laughing

Yes, we kiss 'passionatly' in front of the kids, we hug, hold hands, slap bottoms, flirt, etc We hear "get a room!" a lot from friends and family LOL (not that we are inappropriate just that we are very affectionate in public)

I think it's good to show affection to your spouse in front of your kids. They need to see you love each other to feel secure and to see a loving relationship modeled.

I also hug an kiss my kids a lot. Hold thier hands just because (no just in parking lots and such) We cuddle during read alouds and quite time, etc.

• MrsM121
    by MrsM121
    April 20, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Thanks

Quoting SimplySonita:

Should add though, that I love the profile pic MrsM

• MrsM121
    by MrsM121
    April 20, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Quoting MommaChell:

So good to hear you all are openly affectionate with your spouse and kids. We to are an affectionate family. We get positive comments on our family's expressions of affection from people in public. It's an encouraging confirmation to hear, especially when we get reports form others (family, friends) that our children are considerate and loving outside of our little circle. 

I too assumed your family was openly affectionate Mrs.M, by your profile pic, lol :) Teaching our children how to appropriately love one another is of the foundation of fundamental teachings.

We are very open in expessing our love for each other and we hear from others too how well our children act.  I would be very unhappy in a family situation where openly expressing yourself was allowed or accepted.  It doesn't always have to be extreme but contact is almost constant in our house.

• MommaChell
    April 20, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Quoting MrsM121:

LOL a girl I used to work with told us we don't need to have anymore kids because we would never be able to take care of them cause we are always messing with each other.  We both flirt like crazy and he loves to tickle me anywhere, anytime just to get me to squeal and to see how far I'll jump.  My kids are the same way and my 5 year old on more than one occassion has knocked me clear on my butt running up to me full force to give me a hug.

Quoting SimplySonita:

Quoting MrsM121:

Gotta love those knock-you-on-your-butt hugs, they're one of my favorites! You made me :)

• MrsM121
    by MrsM121
    April 20, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Quoting MommaChell:

Quoting MrsM121:

Quoting SimplySonita:

Quoting MrsM121:

Gotta love those knock-you-on-your-butt hugs, they're one of my favorites! You made me :)

He's also into kisses, lots and lots of kisses and today he gave me kisses on my arm and went to rubbing them and said he was spreading them around so he could spread the love.......... I hope he stays like this forever!

• MommaChell
    April 20, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Quoting MrsM121:

Quoting MommaChell:

Quoting MrsM121:

Quoting SimplySonita:

Quoting MrsM121:

He's also into kisses, lots and lots of kisses and today he gave me kisses on my arm and went to rubbing them and said he was spreading them around so he could spread the love.......... I hope he stays like this forever!

That is precious; he's spreadin the love aorund, hahaha, too cute! I hope he stays that way for you too =) Their hearts are so dear.

Homeschooling Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN