momofsixangels
Jogging
December 9, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Do you jog?

Replies

• mumsy2three
    December 9, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I do sometimes. I wish I had the time to do it every other day like I do during the summer time.

It all started last school year when we started doing a modified C25K with our class and ran a 5k last spring. We ran another one this past fall. 

• Jinx-Troublex3
    December 9, 2012 at 7:20 PM
    I'm not big on jogging but used to enjoy it. I get really bad shin splints now and anything past a fast walk gets very painful very fast.
  • calsmom62
    December 9, 2012 at 9:47 PM
    This.....I walk and hike.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

I'm not big on jogging but used to enjoy it. I get really bad shin splints now and anything past a fast walk gets very painful very fast.

• Roo1234
    by Roo1234
    December 9, 2012 at 10:04 PM
    I always thought the IDEA of jogging was nice, but due to injuries in my teens and twenties I've never taken it up. In the other hand, my husband (and one of our sons) run everything from 5k to marathons.
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    December 9, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    Haha...me too...we do lots of hiking in Boy Scouts...and I walk my dog and a friend's dog at least 4 miles a week.

I also train in karate. As long as I limit the jump roping, my legs seem to handle most jumps and kicks ok.

Quoting calsmom62:

This.....I walk and hike.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

• calsmom62
    December 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM
    I've not done martial arts...though I've sat in on enough of my kids classes. We are. A Webelos 2 and Boy Scout family here ...what level are your boys?
  • Jinx-Troublex3
    December 10, 2012 at 3:15 PM

My boys are both Boy scouts- I'm the Scoutmaster. The oldest is Star and has one more merit badge to finish to get his Life rank. The younger is a Tenderfoot.

I really enjoy the karate. talk about a killer workout! WHEW!

Quoting calsmom62:

I've not done martial arts...though I've sat in on enough of my kids classes. We are. A Webelos 2 and Boy Scout family here ...what level are your boys?

• louannwilkins
    December 10, 2012 at 4:02 PM

No but I do walk on the treadmill

• calsmom62
    December 10, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    That's great. I love to Camp, dh hates it, so I do scouting with the boys. I'm a Webelos den ldr and a committee member for the troop.

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

My boys are both Boy scouts- I'm the Scoutmaster. The oldest is Star and has one more merit badge to finish to get his Life rank. The younger is a Tenderfoot.

I really enjoy the karate. talk about a killer workout! WHEW!

Quoting calsmom62:

• JanuaryBaby06
    December 10, 2012 at 6:16 PM

yerp :D

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts