Kids' Sports & Activities

Cafe Robin
Welcome to the Kids' Sports & Activities group! Please introduce yourself...
March 3, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Welcome to the Kids' Sports & Activities group!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page

Step 4: Add a signature to your posts.... If you'd like to, you can add a group signature to your posts.  Click here for siggies and instructions: Kids' Sports & Activities group signatures!

Anytime you have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message.  We really want you to have a great time in this group.

Now click reply and introduce yourself!

tea

Make yourself at home and enjoy the Group!

Robin

Replies

• Liansmommie
    March 16, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Hi I'm Shell, I have a seven year old son.

• Miranda1127
    March 16, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Hi everyone, I'm Miranda. Sahm of a 9yr old girl and 4.5 yr old boy. :)

• lytate95
    March 17, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Hey there. I'm Lydia, mother of fifteen year old fraternal twins. My daughter is an avid, nay, obssesive soccer player.

• mrs_dybdahl
    March 18, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Hello, my name is Sarah. I am 31 years old, married with 3 children (ages 2,5,15). Grew up playing sports, family of basketball players, grew up in Alaska and still live in Juneau.

My daughter is in the middle of completing her freshmen year. She is very active - played volleyball, basketball and now soccer. My boys are just reaching the age to begin plays sports. My middle child is just taking interest in sports while my youngest at the age of two already shoots for long periods of times on his hoo.

Glad to be a part of this group.

• mysweet1s
    March 21, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Hi Ladies, I'm Lana.  I was so happy to find this group!  My DH and I have 3 kids - Rem (10), Paige (7), and Marlo (7 months).  We are always at a practice or a game - Rem plays football, basketball, and baseball, he also golfs, curls, and snowboards.  Paige is a swimmer, softball player, skiier, golfer, and curler.  We love it!  My Dh coaches many of their teams, so we're all in!!     

• M4LG5
    by M4LG5
    March 21, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Hi everyone

I'm Valeri.  I'm married, mother of 3 girls, and I work full-time as a college adviser.  All my girls are into sports right now.  We are in softball in the spring and soccer in the fall.  During the summer we plan on getting them involved in different activities and sports that they want to try.

• momof4bys
    March 23, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Hi everybody,

I am the mom of four sons.  22, 19, 14 and 12.  My oldest was a lefty baseball player and played through varsity. He graduated college this week and is now a software engineer in San Francisco. (one down three to go!!)   My second oldest was an excellent soccer player unfortunately he was also in an International baccalaureate program, which took up alot of time and so gave up club soccer but still made it to our high school varsity by his Junior year.  He is now at UCLA.

Son number three is 14 -was on a travel baseball team-did not make the team.  Marched himself over to track and has been doing incredibly well in the discus. 

Son number 4- is 12 and a so far a very good lefty pitcher and our best hope to someday play college.

It would be wonderful to watch a college ball game with my son playing, after all I was brought up with no sports and no have a great big batting cage and pitching mound in my backyard.But overall what I am proudest of and want for my sons is for them to have  academic accomplishments and academic scholarships and go to the college of their choice.  I always tell them their grades are the way to go to a great college.

Sports will get them through a healthy life and who knows maybe they will win a once in lifetime chance to play at college level (especially the youngest) but I tell them to never count on it!  Getting  A's should be where their mind is.

I encourage them, give them lessons in their sport of choice, but always tell them academics before sports.  I find it hard to encourage them in sports at times which take away from their studies but take it each day and each issue  at a time.

• suthrnrose71
    March 23, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Hi, I am Penny. I have a 5 year old son who's just getting started in sports. I've been down this road with my 2 step kids, who are now 20 and 18 so, I'm not new to this world. Charlie has just started his t-ball season for spring and will play flag football again this fall. I would like to also get him into soccer next spring. 

• FreeFood4Life
    March 23, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Hello My name is Paula, ANd i have a 15 year old son who plays Basketball for his School. He hopes to get a BB Scholarship to go to college....

• BRRD1
    by BRRD1
    March 24, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Hi Everyone,  My Name is Tara and I have 3 boys two in there teens and one that is 7. Oldest and youngest love sports. Its crazy running from one event to another.

Kids' Sports & Activities

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN