Craft Cafe

Featured Posts
chickensmommy
Crocheting vs knitting
June 6 at 6:53 AM
I can't do either but I was wondering which was easier... I want to start making dish cloths. Any advice? I travel a lot for work and need something to do with my hands when I am in a hotel room.

Replies

• -JC-
    by -JC-
    June 6 at 7:09 AM
    I find crocheting much easier. But I know tons of people who prefer knitting... So I'm no help! Lol.
  • dstarr347
    June 6 at 11:24 PM

I do both but for me crochet gets quicker results. However, I am biased because I have invested a lot of time in crochet projects and not as much in my knitting.

• CaliMamma1013
    June 6 at 11:59 PM
    It depends on who you ask. I do both but like knitting better. For me 8th seems to work up faster and it's easier to remember how to do all the stitches and what their abreveations are.
  • melliburger
    June 6 at 11:59 PM

Loom knitting is what I ended up doing after failing at crochet and knitting :)

• may8675309
    June 7 at 12:55 PM
    I prefer crochet. But I do suggest watching some youtube videos on whichever craft you choose. There are also tons of free patterns on the ravelry, redheart, and lionbrand websites for either.
  • anng.atlanta
    June 7 at 1:57 PM

For dishcloths, I'd suggest crochet because the end product is usually thicker than knitting for the same-sized yarn.  There's lots of patterns available online or in craft stores, like this.

Here's an example of knitted dishcloths.

For a small project, you can go either way. Crochet is faster, while knitting only has two basic stitches, making it easier to learn.  I don't think either are particularly difficult.

• jryberg
    by jryberg
    June 7 at 3:50 PM

I have tried to crochet and failed, but I have been knitting for about 30 years. 

• Jenn8604
    June 7 at 3:52 PM
    I find crocheting easier. I can't coordinate two needles. My grandma tried teaching me once. FAIL. LOL!
  • RyansMom6204
    June 7 at 3:57 PM
    I do both and have also picked up Tuscan Crochet that is a combo of knitting and crochet. I am doing two scarves in Tuscan Crochet .
  • CollegeMom4860
    June 7 at 7:57 PM

I crochet. Have tried knitting and it is hard I think. With crocheting you can take on a plane because it is not sharp like knitting needles. I have been told

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts