Craft Cafe

chickensmommy
Crocheting vs knitting
June 6 at 6:53 AM
I can't do either but I was wondering which was easier... I want to start making dish cloths. Any advice? I travel a lot for work and need something to do with my hands when I am in a hotel room.

Replies

• -JC-
    by -JC-
    June 6 at 7:09 AM
    I find crocheting much easier. But I know tons of people who prefer knitting... So I'm no help! Lol.
  • dstarr347
    June 6 at 11:24 PM

I do both but for me crochet gets quicker results. However, I am biased because I have invested a lot of time in crochet projects and not as much in my knitting.

• CaliMamma1013
    June 6 at 11:59 PM
    It depends on who you ask. I do both but like knitting better. For me 8th seems to work up faster and it's easier to remember how to do all the stitches and what their abreveations are.
  • melliburger
    June 6 at 11:59 PM

Loom knitting is what I ended up doing after failing at crochet and knitting :)

• may8675309
    June 7 at 12:55 PM
    I prefer crochet. But I do suggest watching some youtube videos on whichever craft you choose. There are also tons of free patterns on the ravelry, redheart, and lionbrand websites for either.
  • anng.atlanta
    June 7 at 1:57 PM

For dishcloths, I'd suggest crochet because the end product is usually thicker than knitting for the same-sized yarn.  There's lots of patterns available online or in craft stores, like this.

Here's an example of knitted dishcloths.

For a small project, you can go either way. Crochet is faster, while knitting only has two basic stitches, making it easier to learn.  I don't think either are particularly difficult.

• jryberg
    by jryberg
    June 7 at 3:50 PM

I have tried to crochet and failed, but I have been knitting for about 30 years. 

• Jenn8604
    June 7 at 3:52 PM
    I find crocheting easier. I can't coordinate two needles. My grandma tried teaching me once. FAIL. LOL!
  • RyansMom6204
    June 7 at 3:57 PM
    I do both and have also picked up Tuscan Crochet that is a combo of knitting and crochet. I am doing two scarves in Tuscan Crochet .
  • CollegeMom4860
    June 7 at 7:57 PM

I crochet. Have tried knitting and it is hard I think. With crocheting you can take on a plane because it is not sharp like knitting needles. I have been told

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN