Craft Cafe

Featured Posts
melliburger
QOTD 12/24 **Christmas Eve Stuff**
December 24, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Happy Christmas Eve!

Because I'm super curious, do you celebrate on Christmas Eve or Christmas or do something else?

My family (before I left home) used to have our big dinner on Christmas Eve which consisted of turkey, ham and all the sides BUT also included Tamales and Pozole (YUM!!). Then we'd stay up until midnight, open presents and just hang out all night and sleep all of Christmas. Always was a blast :)

Replies

• Anniea90
    December 24, 2013 at 1:05 AM

We do a finger foods like party at my aunts on christmas eve. This way we have time to spend with my aunts and uncles. We exchange gifts between them then. Then everyone gets to stay home on Christmas and relax with their small bunch. So no one is rushing around christmas day really. Its nice. On christmas we will do presents when we wake up and a breakfast casserole, then we will have dinner whenever it gets done. :)

• jryberg
    by jryberg
    December 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM

We celebrate on Christmas Day with just the three of us in the morning if my sister is in town. If she is not in town we spend the night at my parents and wake up there, with them. 

This year Christmas Eve is the only day my sister's family and my brother's kids can all be at my parents so we are doing our family Christmas today. It will be a fun afternoon, gifts with my brothers kids, and lots of laughing! Tomorrow we will wake up at home, do gifts with just the three of us, and then go back to my parents and do gifts with them and my sister's family. 

It's going to be a packed two days!

• Rust.n.Gears
    December 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM

We celebrate the 12 days of Yule which started on the Solstice with the burning of the Yule log. Yesterday was my daughters birthday who was born during the holiday and we always do a big family thing here for her. Today is about baking and cooking. It's part of the tradition. I have to make fudge, breads, and cookies. Thankfully I have a bread maker to help me out. Later tonight we feed the Tomten the bowl of poridge with butter and he will keep our home safe all year round. We keep going until Jan 31st. Each day is different and fun. I love it.

• mrsniebo
    December 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Years that we celebrate with my family, we celebrate with my mom's side of the family on Christmas Eve with dinner and presents and Christmas day with my dad's side of the family on Christmas day. Previous years that we've been with DH's family have been celebrated with MIL's family on Christmas Eve, but this year we're staying home.

• mama_girl07
    December 24, 2013 at 2:02 PM

If we are in las Vegas with family we do a party on the 23rd with the family. Christmas Eve we have a nice dinner(tonight is roast, green beans and roasted potatoes) then we will open a present and watch a Christmas movie then to bed :)

• rhiannonaisling
    December 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM

both...we celebrate with my inlaws (and sometimes my nieces and nephews by my brother) christmas eve and christmas day with my family.

• Moyzila
    by Moyzila
    December 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Just started this year, The girls have a bath and came down to open their Christmas Eve Gifts which were new PJ's and then they git done watching a Nice Family Christmas Movie.. A Nightmare Before Christmas and their now watchin an 2nd episode of My Little Pony and then we will help them hang their stockings before heading up to bed.

• malibucj
    December 24, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Whats a Tomten?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

We celebrate the 12 days of Yule which started on the Solstice with the burning of the Yule log. Yesterday was my daughters birthday who was born during the holiday and we always do a big family thing here for her. Today is about baking and cooking. It's part of the tradition. I have to make fudge, breads, and cookies. Thankfully I have a bread maker to help me out. Later tonight we feed the Tomten the bowl of poridge with butter and he will keep our home safe all year round. We keep going until Jan 31st. Each day is different and fun. I love it.

• Rust.n.Gears
    December 24, 2013 at 11:43 PM
    A house elf. He keeps your home and family safe all year round. There's a picture of one on my profile. Its a Scandinavian tradition.

Quoting malibucj:

Whats a Tomten?

Quoting Rust.n.Gears:

• MrsSexyCurtains
    December 24, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    Growing up we were allowed to open just one gift after dinner and then the rest at midnight. That was the best! Now we let Kenzie open just one one Xmas eve and the rest Xmas morning. She just opened the gift my sister have her and is quietly playing in her room lol. She got the monster high school play set.

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts