Craft Cafe

Featured Posts
Sarahb21
It's been a busy week! (pic heavy)
December 22, 2013 at 12:10 AM

So of course I waited until the last minute to get all my crafting done for Christmas. Sigh. Since last Friday I have been super busy and I'm still not done! This is what I've made so far (minus a few things).

Presents for my little cousins. I have mini nail polishes, nail file, lotion, chap stick and candy to fill the cups.

The wreaths. Oh lord the wreaths! I told my cousin I would help her make a wreath for her Mom. She shows up and decides she needs to make 9, yes NINE wreaths. I wanted to cry. It took about 7 hrs. I was up waaaay too late. The little symbols in the inside are pictures printed out, mounted to foam board and then cut out with an exacto knife. I NEVER want to see an exacto knife again. Afterwards my husband informs me that he has a heat knife that would have cut right the foam. Oh and she bought the wrong color green for the Wild wreath but I didn't have the heart to tell her. lol

Wood signs. This is the one I made for myself, but I helped my BFF make 3 grandparents one and an auntie one (that I didn't take a picture of). Sometimes I question why I agree to help everyone! lol

My 4 yr old painted shirts for his brothers for Christmas.

I made myself ornaments for my tree. One day I will have a white Nightmare before Christmas tree!

And one thing that I don't have a picture of was a giant pain in my butt. I super glued myself to everything in existence. I don't even know where the glue was coming from. My friend will get her gift with an added addition of my finger prints. I don't even care. lol

I also made like 8 million batches of cookies. I'm tired. lol I still have 4 more shirts to make with the kids on Monday when DH is at work. I've seriously never waited this long to do my Christmas stuff. Why did I slack so bad this week??

Replies

• jridgill
    December 22, 2013 at 12:16 AM
    It's all so cute! I hate working with super glue or a glue gun because I always get it on me. I've still got TONS of Christmas stuff to do.
  • Sarahb21
    December 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Glue guns are the devil! I can't use those without burning myself. I'm usually good with super glue because I use the gel kind but apparently not this time. I just kept sticking to things! lol I think Christmas totally snuck up on me this year. Good luck getting everything done! 

Quoting jridgill: It's all so cute! I hate working with super glue or a glue gun because I always get it on me. I've still got TONS of Christmas stuff to do.

• melliburger
    December 22, 2013 at 12:22 AM

HOw awesome! Great prezzies :)

• jakana2369
    December 22, 2013 at 2:22 AM
    Love the sign! My dh would love the nightmare tree! Im hoping to make 2 scarfs, 12 sugar scrubs, 4 pies and 9 different kinds of cookies tomorrow.

Plus help my girls with there gifts:)

So much to do but not enough time:(

Good luck hope you get it done!
  • jryberg
    by jryberg
    December 22, 2013 at 7:06 AM
    Great gifts! There was one less week between Thanksgiving and Chridtmad this year because of where Thanksgiving fell so if you wait until after It's over to start you had less time!

I have a scarf to start and finish before Christmas Eve and I work tomorrow! Plus I just volunteered to make food to take to my parents on Chridtmas day
  • The_Monster_Mom
    December 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Wow, great work on all of it!

• jridgill
    December 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    I am supposed to help my 13yr old make some sugar scrub for gifts. Do you mind sharing what recipe you'll use? We've been looking around and going today to get the stuff. We picked up some jars to out it in yesterday.

Quoting jakana2369: Love the sign! My dh would love the nightmare tree! Im hoping to make 2 scarfs, 12 sugar scrubs, 4 pies and 9 different kinds of cookies tomorrow.

• lillucky8
    December 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    Wow. You have been busy! Everything looks great! My dh would love the nightmare ornaments.
  • Sarahb21
    December 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Really? I should pay more attention to the calendars I guess. lol

Quoting jryberg: Great gifts! There was one less week between Thanksgiving and Chridtmad this year because of where Thanksgiving fell so if you wait until after It's over to start you had less time!

I have a scarf to start and finish before Christmas Eve and I work tomorrow! Plus I just volunteered to make food to take to my parents on Chridtmas day

• jakana2369
    December 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM
    Sorry so late crazy day.
    2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup grape seed oil
    1tsp of pepermint extract

Put all in a bowl mix tell combined. Then pit in jars.
    It will fill about 3 small jars or 4 extra small.

Its a great scrub and goes in the cabinet not the frig.

Quoting jridgill: I am supposed to help my 13yr old make some sugar scrub for gifts. Do you mind sharing what recipe you'll use? We've been looking around and going today to get the stuff. We picked up some jars to out it in yesterday.

Quoting jakana2369: Love the sign! My dh would love the nightmare tree! Im hoping to make 2 scarfs, 12 sugar scrubs, 4 pies and 9 different kinds of cookies tomorrow.

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN