Craft Cafe

Redcodex
Need some DIY mothers day gift ideas
May 4, 2013 at 6:31 PM
For my Mom and MIL. Would like to incorporate DD somehow, she's their first granddaughter and this is their first mothers day as grandmas. I've been pondering for days and can't think of anything. Any ideas?

Replies

• rhiannonaisling
    May 4, 2013 at 7:51 PM

What about doing a tile mosaic around her hand or footprints?

• MommyLehr
    May 5, 2013 at 12:18 AM
    Bump cuz I need ideas too!
  • Cassondra09
    May 5, 2013 at 12:20 AM
    Bump! I have lots of ideas but too tired to list right now will add more tomorrow
  • CamMa
    by CamMa
    May 5, 2013 at 12:30 AM
    Bump! We made our son's handprints in salt dough for this past Christmas and they absolutely LOVED them.
  • CamMa
    by CamMa
    May 5, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Mobile Photo

This is just a screen shot of it hanging on my SO's parents' fireplace. I can't find another pic. But we painted them and put a clear gloss on them and they looked beautiful.
  • jessi2girls
    May 5, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Here is what my two DD's made for their Nana.. it's cutouts of their hands.. you could do one with your hand and your babies hand if you'd like..

• Redcodex
    May 5, 2013 at 1:50 AM
    I ended up painting some cheap picture frames, and making little notes to go inside that say "Grandma/Nana holds my hand for a little while..but holds my heart forever" with a little cutout of her hand print.

But thank you all for your awesome suggestions! And keep sharing because I plan on using your ideas for little projects for me!
  • kryjen
    by kryjen
    May 5, 2013 at 4:48 AM

I was thinking of doing a butterfly craft using my kiddo's feet.  I was probably going to do it on paper and frame it, but I also saw it on a plant pot.  Could be cute and looks super simple!

• pregomom468
    May 5, 2013 at 6:44 AM

this is what i am doing except im writing "you hold their hands for a little while but their hearts forever

• suetoo
    by suetoo
    May 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Build a bird feeder or bluebird house. I think you can order starter kits. Buy a bag of mortar mix and make flower bowls, you shape them around milk jugs or old plastic bowls. Get dollar store frames, paint canvasses and jars of poster paint, and go out in the yard and paint a landscape, flowers or pet portrait.

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts