Craft Cafe

jnich4
I need a flower....... More pictures of what I have so far
by jnich4
April 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I just made this hat and I want to put a flower on it or something but I can't decide which one. I am currently looking at ravelry... I don't know if I am not finding a good one, or if I am in an indecisive mood. Or maybe I am wired on coffee. But do you have any go to patterns? Do you ladies think anything other then a flower would look good? 

So I made some flower's today after we got home from my son's flag football game. I so far I used the patterns Loopy Daisy and Spiral Flower from Brieshon's blog (I love em!) Here is how they turned out (excuse the incredibly messy room):

And I whipped up a rose but SO thinks it is too big and I am starting to think so too

I haven't made it to the dollar store to check out their fake flowers yet, allergies kicked my butt today, but maybe tomorrow. All of them are on pins so they can be switched out. What you do all think?

Replies

• lucky2Beeme
    April 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM

flower would look super cute. I like the hat nice work.

• jnich4
    by jnich4
    April 26, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Thank you! I couldn't find a pattern that I liked, or could figure out, Or even resembled a hat when I finished, so I finally said forget this and I made up my own :) 

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

flower would look super cute. I like the hat nice work.

• mama_girl07
    April 26, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Normally i jsut type in crochet flower then click on images in google and find one I like lol

• melliburger
    April 27, 2013 at 2:06 AM
    A flower would look cute :)
  • jryberg
    by jryberg
    April 27, 2013 at 7:20 AM
    I think a flower would finish it off. It is a cute hat
  • Brieshon
    April 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    A flower would be cute! I have a few free patterns on my blog, if you're interested: http://breezybot.blogspot.com/p/free-crochet-patterns.html
  • looneymom424
    April 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM

A regular flower would make it look cute not a crocheted one...or a big bow.  I have seen them like that.

• The_Monster_Mom
    April 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Cute hat! No idea for flowers though.

• jnich4
    by jnich4
    April 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Thank you! I whipped one out this morning but I am not sure I like how it looks. I really like your loopy daisy. I may try that one now since we are home from the kiddo's game.

Quoting Brieshon:

A flower would be cute! I have a few free patterns on my blog, if you're interested: http://breezybot.blogspot.com/p/free-crochet-patterns.html

• jnich4
    by jnich4
    April 27, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I never thought of that. I may have to make a trip up to the dollar store (I need more coffee anyways) and see what they have. I was going to put the flower on a pin anyways so it can be removed if a man wants to wear it, but now I might send the hat to my friend's little girl (the 6 year old with cancer) since her hair is starting to go. If I get/make a few things and put them on pins she can change them. Or put them all on at once :)

Quoting looneymom424:

A regular flower would make it look cute not a crocheted one...or a big bow.  I have seen them like that.

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts