Craft Cafe

prego_jessi
some stuff ive been working on lately. :)
April 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM

shirt i made for my dd, its not girly at all but she likes it lol.

my business apron, dont mind the iceing on it in the pic, i didnt think of takeing a pic before i used it. 

wall hanging, its not a good pic.

Replies

• prego_jessi
    April 3, 2013 at 9:05 PM

my  latest cake

• OwlNuggets
    April 3, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Nice. My gramma has a Husqvrna embroidery machine that set her back about $12,000 and the designs she can make are seriously out of this world.... 

• OwlNuggets
    April 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM

I'd really recommend using a hoop when you embroider.... that way the fabric is taut so it won't dimple like that and your placement will be more centered and crisp.

• prego_jessi
    April 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    Quoting OwlNuggets:

I'd really recommend using a hoop when you embroider.... that way the fabric is taut so it won't dimple like that and your placement will be more centered and crisp.

I do use a hoop, I'm still figuring out how to use it. I'm a slow learner lol
  • OwlNuggets
    April 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I asked my oma for some advice for you and she wondered if you used starch (spray on) and iron the shirt first and if you use the backing felt on the shirt when you embroider?
    It's like white felt kinda, and you just sew through it too on the inside of the shirt and cut around it gently when your embroidery is done. 

Quoting prego_jessi:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

I do use a hoop, I'm still figuring out how to use it. I'm a slow learner lol

• prego_jessi
    April 3, 2013 at 9:32 PM
    Quoting OwlNuggets:

No, I don't use starch or iron and I use the tear away stabilizer
  • OwlNuggets
    April 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM

the starch might help... as for placement clues, you may have to make marks on your hoops so you can use simple measurement to get the letters as perfect as possible. clearly you're good with the machine since the threading looks so nice and the larger embroidery turned out really well!

Quoting prego_jessi:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

No, I don't use starch or iron and I use the tear away stabilizer

• prego_jessi
    April 3, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    Quoting OwlNuggets:

Thank you :). I'll try that my next project.
  • The_Monster_Mom
    April 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Nice!

• jryberg
    by jryberg
    April 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM

great projects! i can't wait to see more as you learn to use it even more :)

Craft Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts